Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 30th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Overwhelmed by Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
2.5 hrs up is probably worth a shot one of these days. FWIW, we don't really do "tournaments" down here any more, just game days where we try to mix up the rules and play unique formats. It is nice to return to standard kill 'em all games every now and then, but even then we don't have any prize structure, even for the "winner".

I will have to make sure we have more tournament-oriented/prized events structured for Oct. (NHSD) and Nov. (we play Thanksgiving weekend since we get an influx of out-of-towners visiting relatives). Hmm...
I do a 3.5hr (sometimes 4 depending on traffic) drive down to Utah each month for their Monthly tournaments and it’s totally worth it. I love having a Gameday with other scapers and now it’s just part of my schedule.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I do a 3.5hr (sometimes 4 depending on traffic) drive down to Utah each month for their Monthly tournaments and it’s totally worth it. I love having a Gameday with other scapers and now it’s just part of my schedule.
To be fair there isn't anything else to do in Idaho.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
BAHAHAHA! Well said. I’ve got nothing to say

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 30th, 2018, 08:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BAHAHAHA! Well said. I’ve got nothing to say
I drive down to those too but its only an hour and 45 min. Theres tons of potato related activities in Idaho. I also like to shoot guns and do other redneck stuff. The Idaho/Utah group is a pretty cool bunch and it is worth it to game with friends.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:44 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I am coming from a somewhat similar boat--Sold entire collection almost a decade ago, and am now slowly getting back into the game and building a new collection.

Some tips for buying scape:

CHECK GARAGE SALES. I cannot stress this enough. Heroscape was once wildly popular among my generation, but most of us young adults moved on and left such games in a box in our parents' basements.

You would be amazed how many unknowing parents have collections in their basements gathering dust.

It took me multiple weekends of garage sale shopping, but eventually when I described the game to one nice old lady, she said: "oh yeah I think we do have an old game like that, let me go find it for you." Long story short, I ended up walking out with an almost complete swarm of the marro for 15 bucks (she offered 5, but I felt bad knowing what it was worth lol).

However, most dependable is ebay. And here is a slightly lucrative business strategy I use to collect heroscape almost for free as a poor college student lol:

1. Surf ebay for huge heroscape lots.
2. Buy huge heroscape lots for a bulk discount.
3. Over time resell most parts individually, until you make your money back.
4. Keep whatever parts you want/still have left.

For instance, I purchased a lot that included the first two master sets, multiple almost complete terrain expansions, and a ton of wave figures for $350. Ended up making that money back reselling the master sets and most of the terrain expansions, and got to keep a few squads and heroes that I had been wanting to collect.

Of course, this strategy does take some knowledge about what all parts and sets typically sell for.

And yes, the buy and resell process can take weeks, but when it is done right you can squeeze some free heroscape out of it!

Just my tips on how I have personally gone about rebuilding a collection for cheap. Of course, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and drop 100 bucks on zombies.... Just make such purchases in moderation.
Old September 1st, 2018, 09:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If I had to start from scratch now, I'd print out copies of the cards and doing a lot of proxying. Lots of zombie themed games and play sets out there, but get a bunch of generic zombies from another game. Knights, Orcs, Robots (Soulborgs), etc. are easy enough to find proxies for too. Then again, I'd also just consider C3G since I play that more than classic these days anyway. Don't know if comics are your thing or not, but their are tons of Heroclix figures available for 50 cents or less. Throw in a few $1 figures here and there and you can have a pretty decent selection of units. Use the X-2 program to print off 3 cards per page. I use lots of cars and other toys as city terrain obstacles, which can make your tiles go farther.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:49 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
2.5 hrs up is probably worth a shot one of these days. FWIW, we don't really do "tournaments" down here any more, just game days where we try to mix up the rules and play unique formats. It is nice to return to standard kill 'em all games every now and then, but even then we don't have any prize structure, even for the "winner".

I will have to make sure we have more tournament-oriented/prized events structured for Oct. (NHSD) and Nov. (we play Thanksgiving weekend since we get an influx of out-of-towners visiting relatives). Hmm...
Awesome. I recently reconnected with an old Scaper buddy, Father of Julian. He lives only a few miles from me and has a huge board set up. Felt good to play with someone that's into the game. There's talk of having an event up here on Oct 18th at D20 Bar in Kettering Ohio... I need to go back there and work out the details but once I do I'll post it in the events section. Be cool to have you come up!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 3rd, 2018, 08:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

And for those in or near NYC, our group has been playing continuously for about 11 years now, and the four of us welcome new players as well as occasional visitors. For our many adventures, hit my signature line. Then if you're local, PM and come play with us...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion