Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 18th, 2024, 09:22 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Ewashia, Master of Tides

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I adapted @Strack9 's clarification to the OP, but I think that the GIE's ability to freeze out Ewashia's powers (pun intended!) belongs in its own Book if we want to abide by the traditional "Synergies Received/Offered/Imposed" format used in classic Books.

Also, I added a list of water-appreciating units to the "Synergy Benefits Offered" section.
Some books (like the Fire Elemental) list negative synergies, and I think GIE's reaction to Ewashia might fall into the category.
That's true, but the difference I see here is that units like the Fire Elemental have special powers that directly penalize them under certain circumstances. In contrast, Ewashia isn't directly affected by the presence of ice, and Ice Cold doesn't explicitly hinder any figure; instead, its primary effect is to change water tiles to ice tiles, which deactivates special powers like Ewashia's as a side effect.

I guess you could argue that the list of units that benefit from water could be excluded from the Book on similar grounds, but I think it has merit as an army-building aid.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units