Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 21st, 2019, 10:35 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Thanks for the dwarves!!!
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:38 PM

Also, went back and read about your settings:
"Oh, and the bases are hollow with a grid pattern inside, so they can be printed at 100% infill (stronger for the figures, and uses less material on the base)."
Assuming you're using Cura, how are you setting the infill for the base different than the rest of the figure?
Old February 22nd, 2019, 01:12 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Also, went back and read about your settings:
"Oh, and the bases are hollow with a grid pattern inside, so they can be printed at 100% infill (stronger for the figures, and uses less material on the base)."
Assuming you're using Cura, how are you setting the infill for the base different than the rest of the figure?
Most 3D models are solid (they are basically just an outer skin with empty space inside). Cura interprets these as solid structures and at 100% infill makes them completely solid.

My bases have internal "cutouts", squares for the single bases and triangles for the peanut bases. Cura interprets these "cutouts" as voids in the model and does not add filament there--sort of like a hole or a window inside the part. So you can print at 100% infill and Cura will still add the "cutouts", making a semi-hollow base.

I can send pictures if this isn't clear.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 01:14 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Thanks for the dwarves!!!
I'm printing some now, and I may need to improve a few of the supports. Once I get good results I'll post my updated models.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 02:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I gotta print some dwarves too. Awesome. Also. Can someone get white knight some positive rep. I hate that broken rep machine. It wont let me rep awesome members for their great work.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:30 PM

WK, your description of the bases makes perfect sense. Thanks again!
TREX, I was thinking about giving WK rep yesterday, but honestly, I don't know how.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:03 PM

Scanner rig
https://pinshape.com/items/27230-3d-...ronics-contest
Takes a bit more engineering than just taking pictures, but it looks sweet.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:19 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@white_knight thanks for posting all of these files! I just starting printing, the info is super helpful!
Old February 27th, 2019, 01:03 AM

@TREX ,
How did you attach the twig blights to the bases?
I have an order for some with bases and stickers, but I've never tried to rebase figures before--especially ones with no pin features on their feet.
Old February 27th, 2019, 01:19 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@TREX ,
I have an order for some with bases and stickers, but I've never tried to rebase figures before--especially ones with no pin features on their feet.
I did mine yesterday, and just used krazy glue to glue them onto the sticker. So far it seems quite durable.
Old February 27th, 2019, 03:31 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Various types of super glue work. Since the bases have stickers on them the feet stick to them great with super glue.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 27th, 2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
@TREX ,
I did mine yesterday, and just used krazy glue to glue them onto the sticker. So far it seems quite durable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Various types of super glue work. Since the bases have stickers on them the feet stick to them great with super glue.
I'll try the superglue, but I'll probably come back with the needle point of my hot tool and stab through the base into each foot to hot weld them together as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing