Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
TNT Revival: Reviewing Morgan Cypher & Mittens Esenwein

Some of you may remember the old Tried & True (TNT) processes from both this Classic Customs section and the Marvel section. Some of you may only have seen the stickied threads. Some of you may have no idea what I'm talking about.

Here is the old Tried & True submission thread, and the stamped (approved) TNT customs.

In the submission thread, you can review the rules, as well as see where we were when the process ground to a halt. Though we had a long list of customs we were going to eventually put on trial, I have not seen many of those names on in a long time. Additionally, the new process* will be more of a hybrid between the TNT and NM24 processes, since the recent activity in the Marvel NM24 section is responsible for this thread.

There will no longer be required judges: it will be open to anyone to playtest. However, playtesting will still be required. There will be no set time limit, but we will need to keep things moving: we will need people who can devote some amount of time to testing. The majority of posts reviewing a custom can be about minor tweaks, but someone has to do some deeper testing at some point.

There should be no posts that simply say "I (don't) like it!" But I will update later will the full rules once we have enough interest to get things started.

*****If your custom was under review or on the waiting list in the old TNT thread, post it here and we will push it straight into review!!!*****

----------
----------

Cards currently under review:
Morgan Cypher by Fuzzie Fuzz (self-nominated)

Mittens Esenwein by Pumpkin King (self-nominated)

All TNT approved customs (old and new).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; April 28th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: TNT Revival

Cards waiting to be reviewed:
Huo Ji Xiao by Izner (from old TNT list)
Marro Quills by Soundwarp SG-1 (self-nominated)
Kremish Ravenfriend and Ravens by NecroBlade (from old TNT list)

Submissions:
Your Own Customs: Simply post a link to your custom nomination in this thread along with the figure used for play. Only one submission per member will be considered at a time.
Please wait until all of your customs are fully tried before submitting a new one. Otherwise the list is going to get far longer than we can ever accomplish. A submission may include additional customs if the theme and/or synergy of the customs are strong enough to warrant it.

Other Members' Customs: You may nominate a custom that is not your own for submission. Send a PM to the creator to get the OK for the submission and allow the opportunity for any tweaks to be made before going public.

Also note that whoever's card you submit, that creator must be willing to update his/her card until the process is over. All submissions will be handled on a first come first serve basis.

Nomination post format:
I, [username], nominate [creator]'s [link with card name] for TNT review.

Discussion:
When a custom is ready to be tried, all are welcome to critique the custom on trial. Constructive criticism only! Don't just say "it sucks" or "it's over/undercosted" without explanation. Also, NEVER post your version of the custom on trial in this thread. You could, however, make mention of ability wording you use, left box info, etc. if you think it would be helpful to the creator. Just be mindful that this thread is for the perfecting of the submitted custom and the focus should remain there.

Each custom will be judged on theme, effectiveness, and balance. These three things should be considered in your critique. Keep in mind, the creator is basing the custom on his or her view of the character.

Anyone willing to play test should post...the more the better. Please give report on the theme, effectiveness, and balance of the custom in their games.

Creators are encouraged to make any changes to their custom during the discussion. By no means should a creator compromise just to get a Tried & True stamp. If a change doesn't fit your vision, feel free to fight it, but understand that others may differ in opinion on what it'll take to stamp your card.

The discussion for each trial will remain open until there are 3 "approved stamps" from any members who have given significant input, or until too much time has passed without any real progress. This will be determined card-by-card. The judges will take into account all of the community critiques and playtesting along with their own and vote on each submission. When a member is fully satisfied with the custom, s/he will post an "approved stamp" in the trial thread. The custom may be revamped and resubmitted to open the trial thread again but it will be in line behind any other submissions in waiting.

A custom that receives 3 "approved stamps" will be added to a Tried & True Classic Customs Index.

*Much thanks to the Marvel guys for setting up this awesome idea. Also, thanks to any participating judges in these trials.

TNT stamp to add to your approved customs:

Some playtesting suggestions for all customs:
1. A custom should be play tested more than once.
2. A custom should be play tested against different types of armies.
3. A custom should be played on different types of battlefields with different types of terrain.
4. A custom should be play tested on battlefields with glyphs and battlefields without glyphs.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; May 13th, 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

This sounds like a great idea, it would be nice to see some more action in this section. I'd like to help out in any way I can.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

So glad you decided to do this Necro, count me in!
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Count me in, too. Really glad you're bringing this back, Necro.
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Good to have you guys on board. I've missed the community honing and approval of custom cards, so it will be nice to have this back. I'll be back later today to get the rules and such up. If anyone feels like it, one thing I want to find out is if any of the creators on the old waiting list are still around and if so still interested in having their card TNT'd. I was planning on PMing them and bringing over any from the list that we could. Though I don't think we'll have 3 trials going at once this time, since it'll be more like the NM24. Maybe 2, though, we'll see.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yes, I definitely want this to come back! +Rep!
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wish I could say I'm up for helping, but I can't honestly say that there'd be a whole lot of playtesting going on over here. Still, nice to see you bringing it back!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 19th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Bats, it would be great just to see you pop in with suggestions from time to time. I really value your input (and could probably speak for others at that).

Updated the second post with rules. We will take submissions and form a waiting list like the TNT, but go through cards one or two at a time in this thread like NM24.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Question: I have a few Superpower-level customs that aren't actually Marvel, or any other superhero. Can I put them forward for judging?
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am interested in how Necro will address this question PK, but in my opinion we should try to keep everything below the Jotun threshold of cost.
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:59 PM

I have no problem with more expensive figures. After all, even Sgt. Drake 2.0 is essentially Venom, but not Marvel. I also recently posted one of my favorite customs in my own thread: Deathspeaker Aeradon. Stat-wise, he's not exactly a Marvel heavy-hitter, but thanks to his abilities (mostly the first one) his cost is up there.

All together I think we'll see enough customs in the "normal" range that the occasional bruiser will just be an interesting change of pace. BUT, we should leave any customs from Marvel or any other franchise out of it. This is purely for original creations.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards