Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 11th, 2021, 12:49 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Last, (since I assume you, Jexik still have something to do with Summoner Wars development), please have Colby update the Heroscapers front-page ad for Dead of Winter to either Ashes 2 or Summoner Wars 2. The DoW link is long broken.
I no longer have anything to do with the development. So far I've applied to help test expansions (as a regular grunt), and have played a bit of the app, including 4 losses to Waterd and 1 Win against Colby after I challenged him in a DM on Twitter.

He has talked a bit about the 12 deckbuilding symbols on a recent podcast and the rulebook... so to me it feels almost like there are 12 "factions" in those symbols, and each faction is actually more similar to the old Alliances- a combo of two symbols.

Tacullu has 13 life and 3 ranged attack, and an ability more like Gulldune's old ability in 1.0. Numbers in general are bigger- Sneeks' 11 life actually seems like it's on the low end of the spectrum. Because numbers are bigger, stuff like Pile On (basically the same as old Goblin Horde Attack) are actually much weaker than they were in 1.0. That's an event that I am not worried about when it comes to being deck built into other factions.

One fun thing I will point out though- Sneeks' new Sly, while limited to 0-costers, can do some crazy stuff since it happens in the attack phase. You can run Sneeks up, hit, then swap with Blarf and have him hit, then play Enrage the Horde in the Magic phase...

I'll also say that Tacullu feels a bit different than old Tacullu. She has much more ability to shift into offensive gear and hit with a surprising amount of reach. Also gone is her old event that steals events out of people's hands. My guess is that other factions will also differ from their old counterparts as well.

So, while Summoner Wars 2.0 still feels like summoner wars, each individual deck will feel more different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; March 11th, 2021 at 01:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games