Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 8th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Airborne Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Usually what I do is roll for initiative first, then if i get the highest i roll for drop. If I am successful I place order markers on the airborne. If I don't get initiative, then I don't roll for drop.
Sorry Airborne Elite 5, you have to roll for the drop earlier than that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drop
Airborne Elite do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may place all 4 Airborne Elite figures on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on Glyphs.
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Darn. Do i HAVE to place them if i have a successful roll for drop? I think i know the answer but just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Usually what I do is roll for initiative first, then if i get the highest i roll for drop. If I am successful I place order markers on the airborne. If I don't get initiative, then I don't roll for drop.

Quote:
Airborne Elite do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may place all 4 Airborne Elite figures on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on Glyphs.
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

P.S. If you are the person who builds the maps you and your pals play on, place the glyphs to your advantage. Just don't make it look like you have done that. Off topic, I know, but just helpful tip. Lol
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Darn. Do i HAVE to place them if i have a successful roll for drop? I think i know the answer but just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:

Quote:
If you do get a high enough roll for the drop, you don't have to place them, the card says "you MAY place." I am also pretty sure that if you refuse to drop them, then you will have to wait until a round where you roll a 13 or higher again to have another chance to drop them.
Old February 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
If you do get a high enough roll for the drop, you don't have to place them, the card says "you MAY place." I am also pretty sure that if you refuse to drop them, then you will have to wait until a round where you roll a 13 or higher again to have another chance to drop them.
Yep, that's my understanding too.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:45 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Airborne Elite
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 7th, 2020, 05:37 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Please forgive me if this answer is posted elsewhere.

Since the competitive scene has switched from hex limit to figure limit, do the AE count towards the figure limit? My guess is no, since they didn't count before but I just want to check.
Old September 7th, 2020, 06:00 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar is the man View Post

Since the competitive scene has switched from hex limit to figure limit, do the AE count towards the figure limit? My guess is no, since they didn't count before but I just want to check.
AE count towards both hex and figure limits.

FAQ:
What do I do if I have more figures than spots in the starting zone?
Count out the number of spaces your Army will consist of (counting 2 spaces for each double-space figure). If your Army (including figures that do not start on the board) consists of more spaces than the scenario allows in your given starting zone, you must remove figures from your Army until the number of spaces your Army consists of matches, or is less
than the number of starting zone spaces.
Old September 7th, 2020, 06:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

FAQ:
Count out the number of spaces your Army will consist of (counting 2 spaces for each double-space figure). If your Army (including figures that do not start on the board) consists of more spaces than the scenario allows in your given starting zone, you must remove figures from your Army until the number of spaces your Army consists of matches, or is less
Thanks, I could've sworn they didn't count towards the hex limit.
Old September 7th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

FAQ:
Thanks, I could've sworn they didn't count towards the hex limit.
It’s possible that it was ruled differently back in the day. However, this has been the ruling used for about a decade (I’m not exactly sure when it was adopted, but it was the standard by GenCon 2012.)

Edit: Welcome back to the site! There are a lot of great things happening in the community right now.
Old September 8th, 2020, 11:22 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I believe AE didn't count towards hex limit back in the day. Someone who was there can confirm.
Old September 9th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I believe AE didn't count towards hex limit back in the day. Someone who was there can confirm.

In Oct 2007 for NHSD the tourney director at my tournament had ruled that they did not count towards the hex limit, but apparently the Rules Team had already ruled that they DO count.

Two of us played 28-figure armies with 6x Mass + AE for 530 points. Our combined record was 9-3 on the day. K-boom's only loss was to the eventual tournament winner, spider_poison.

That's the only time I can think of people breaking this rule in any 'official' capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Dysole; September 15th, 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units