Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
This is the question in the official FAQ.

Only small or medium single-space figures can use a
ladder. If a larger figure has a high enough movement,
can that figure count the levels behind the ladder to
bypass the ladder?

Here's the Answer:

Yes but normal movement rules still apply. The figure’s height
would have to be higher than the top terrain level behind the
ladder in order to move over it. Also, a figure would only be
able to bypass the ladder if it is unoccupied. Note, small and
medium single-space figures must use the ladder if it is there.
I wondered if you could do this. I was making a map with two-space ladders up to pillars, but it is only 4 spaces high, so actually it might be best if I take off the ladders as it means people can climb quicker. It just looks funny without ladders so I wish small or medium figures could ignore ladders and just climb.
If I understand the rules correctly about the road, then removing the ladders would actually allow a figure to move one more space due to the road bonus (ladders save you 2 move going up but the road bonus is +3). The problem with removing the ladders would be figures of height 4 or less would not be able to climb there at all (again, if I'm understanding the rules correctly). Edit: unless those figures had Climb xX as an ability.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

bypass the ladder?

Here's the Answer:

I wondered if you could do this. I was making a map with two-space ladders up to pillars, but it is only 4 spaces high, so actually it might be best if I take off the ladders as it means people can climb quicker. It just looks funny without ladders so I wish small or medium figures could ignore ladders and just climb.
If I understand the rules correctly about the road, then removing the ladders would actually allow a figure to move one more space due to the road bonus (ladders save you 2 move going up but the road bonus is +3). The problem with removing the ladders would be figures of height 4 or less would not be able to climb there at all (again, if I'm understanding the rules correctly). Edit: unless those figures had Climb xX as an ability.
Yes, you are understanding the rules corrctly and it would probably be better with the ladders off, no matter if it looks funny or not. But a ladder saves you one spcae doesn't it. For Example: if a you move up a two levels, you have use 3 move but if you use the ladder, you use 2 move. So you would only save one. But for each ladder you add, gain one move. 4 levels 5 move; 2 ladders 3 move: 6 levels 7 move; 3 ladders 4 move: ETC.
Old August 18th, 2011, 07:49 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

bypass the ladder?

Here's the Answer:

Yes, you are understanding the rules corrctly and it would probably be better with the ladders off, no matter if it looks funny or not. But a ladder saves you one spcae doesn't it. For Example: if a you move up a two levels, you have use 3 move but if you use the ladder, you use 2 move. So you would only save one. But for each ladder you add, gain one move. 4 levels 5 move; 2 ladders 3 move: 6 levels 7 move; 3 ladders 4 move: ETC.
This isn't necessarily true. each ladder covers two height. So after a point, the ladder saves you more move the higher you go.
Old August 18th, 2011, 08:44 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper15 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

bypass the ladder?

Here's the Answer:

This isn't necessarily true. each ladder covers two height. So after a point, the ladder saves you more move the higher you go.
Yes, it is complete truth, if I add 1 ladder for 2 levels I save 1 move. If I had 2 ladders for 4 levels I save 2 move. And so on and so on. So for eaach ladder you save 1 move.
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Wheres the thread for posting heroscape deal one E-bay? I found this really good deal that I want to post there.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Sightings and sales is the subforum for good deals. The thread called ebay deal of the day, is actually a thread that showcases the riduculous ebay prices.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=56

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack188 View Post
I'm making a lava set using Grishnakh's tutorial but I don't have the actual set to compare it to. I'm wondering what the exact colour of the top of a lava hex is. If someone would be so kind and post a picture that compares it to a rock tile I would greatly appreciate it.

Credit for the pic goes to The CEE. You can find more pictures from this battle that should help you out here.
Awesome, thanks!
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:55 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

hi. long time lurker, first time poster here. my son and i play and he loves it as much as i do. he really wants to build one of the three maps from the collector's checklist that came with sotm ms. especially the one on the front with all the figures and terrain expansions. i have searched the forums as best as i could with no luck. i dont know for sure which forum this question belongs, but i figured this was a good place to try. does anyone know if those maps are named, or better yet, have a link? thank you.
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
hi. long time lurker, first time poster here. my son and i play and he loves it as much as i do. he really wants to build one of the three maps from the collector's checklist that came with sotm ms. especially the one on the front with all the figures and terrain expansions. i have searched the forums as best as i could with no luck. i dont know for sure which forum this question belongs, but i figured this was a good place to try. does anyone know if those maps are named, or better yet, have a link? thank you.
Nope, iirc, those are just display maps. If you wanna build them(it's possible to make the one on the box to SotM, that was cool when my cousin showed it to me), just try to make it. God luck, and welcome

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:50 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

thanks. that is what i thought, but i told him i would ask. if anyone would know, it would be someone on here.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:10 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

When GG's move with gain high ground do they take disengagement attacks it does not say in the Book or on the card.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
When GG's move with gain high ground do they take disengagement attacks it does not say in the Book or on the card.
Yes, because it does not say on the card.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's