Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 10th, 2017, 12:04 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Dr.Goomonkey's Battlefields of Valor

Hello all, I'm making a map thread. Really I've never kept track of any of the maps I have built, and I've probably built 200 or so maps, maybe more.

So, I'm gonna start documenting them, the nicer ones at least. I'll also get virtualscape files up for some at some point (I swear). Right now I just have one built, but it's a beauty.

Here are a few maps I put together for the ARV Landmarks contest.

Quilato Pass

I've played it with Defense +1 in the center, which feels very powerful on this map (I suppose it feels powerful on most maps). Range can pod up somewhat easily on the 7 hexers near the center.

This one probably won't be submitted, but it is a fun map to play on. I was trying to see about making a swampy mountain, but at the time I made it the rules hadn't changed so you could only use RotV in one set, and making a mountainous map without that would just be too hard (and I really wanted to use RotV for the Kyrien map).

Kyrien Plateau

Glyphs are seven spaces flying from each start zone and 10/11 spaces walking. I don't love that 6 space figures can reach the glyphs on move 2 and 5 move have to take 3 move. I'm also considering taking off the highest single spaces.

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Tealeron Ten Years After

The top glyph is 10 move away from both start zones, 8 move flying. The bottom one is 7 move from both start zones, 6 flying. This map hasn't been played, but it is my favorite of the bunch.

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Bridge

Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill's Wellspring

Spoiler Alert!

Frozen Sea Wall

Spoiler Alert!

Wasted Swampland
Link to file

Spoiler Alert!

Slippery Spring
Link to file

Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; February 23rd, 2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 12:09 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Dr.Goomonkey's Battlefields of Valor

Cool! I like the Star Wars terrain!

Don't forget to add your map submission to the Wilds of Valhalla contest here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 1st, 2017, 02:56 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I've made a few maps since last I posted one, but they probably weren't worth posting, and now there is no record of them except some memories. Here are a couple that (I think) are worth posting. Generally I'm not one to make symmetrical maps, but here're two.

Valkrill's Wellspring

Spoiler Alert!

Where are the start zones, you ask? I was thinking the lower corners, off of the lava but including the raised dungeon 7-hexes. 24 spaces outline themselves somewhat naturally, I think.

Frozen Sea Wall

Spoiler Alert!

Where are th- actually, I think you can figure this one out. Also, I'm sure glyphs could be thrown on. On the ice 2 out from the edge of the wall is probably where I would (follow the right wall out two and then come down one, I think you figured this out, too). Ooh, or maybe on the ice in the doorway, making that little area even more bunchy.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 1st, 2017, 03:36 PM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker

Nice maps @Dr.Goomonkey

The first one looks really amazing, the start zones at the bottom corners are interesting to see a unique gameplay turn out with the rush towards the glyphs.

Nice work thanks for posting
Old April 1st, 2017, 04:23 PM
On vacation...

Thanks! That's what I had in mind while making it, you could also start on the sand 7-hex instead of the dungeon, but you might move the glyphs.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; April 11th, 2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
On vacation...

Here's a couple of maps I have set up. The first one is my submission for the Uncharted Wellsprings Contest (and you can vote for it here ).

Wasted Swampland
Link to file

If you are allowed to use two of the same glyph, this one also follows the ARV guidelines...

Slippery Spring
Link to file

...except for this bit, which cases it to use too much water (when if I make a VirtualScape file I'll make it "legitimate").

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; June 3rd, 2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Wasted Swampland won one of my personal votes. Great looking map. I can't wait to get some play time on it. Thanks again for entering the contest.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 24th, 2017, 02:45 PM
On vacation...

Well, Wasted Swampland is still set up in my house, and it turns out to be a decent map. If you've seen the online file I made for it, I switched out the level 1 swamp water tiles with a couple of the water tiles around the glyph, making them accessible to non-flying figures. Unfortunately the lava field and whatnot on the sides of the maps don't see very much action.

Slippery Spring is almost impossible for melee to beat range... That's all I have to say.

...and here are a couple of maps I've built more recently. Both are designed to be multiplayer maps. When I started this thread I said I didn't build that many symmetrical maps, but now I can't stop...

Three-Way Bridge-Way

The start zones are the two rows on the side that the second picture is from, not counting the road. The Glyph of Brandar places the bridge on any of the lakes. Both three- and two-player games seem to work out pretty well on this map. The bridge I made out of popsicle sticks, a while ago. The little posts are from a Megablox set I cannibalized for terrain.

QuaTrauma in the Tundra

This one actually hasn't seen any action yet, but I'm pretty proud of it already. The glyphs are pretty much just thrown on, but they are placed evenly, I think.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:57 PM
On vacation...

Hey folks, the last couple of days have seen me make a couple of maps. And now you get to see them!

Shady Splits

Herbert's Castle

One question I have for the community: what are your recommendations for castle siege scenarios? I've heard of people setting up two on one battles, which the map is somewhat set up for, but I still wonder about the points. Would each sieging army be half of the points of the castle army? That still seems like the castle would win. What if I take off the doors? Would 600 in the castle and two 400 point armies sieging be fair? Thanks in advance!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old August 5th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Castle scenarios are always difficult to coordinate. It depends on a number of factors. First of all, are you playing a traditional "kill your opponent(s)" game or are you playing capture the flag? I've also played scenarios where the person protecting the castle has to start everyone on the ground and then climb up to get into position. That seems to offer a bit of strategy to that player so it's not just sit up there and shoot. Another alternative I like is putting a bunch of glyphs outside the castle, so the castle player is encouraged to leave the castle at points.

Overall, I'm not the biggest fan of the door. I find that in most cases, it is so hard to kill that it's always better to use fliers instead. If I'm playing a castle siege scenario and there's a door involved, I'll be drafting almost all fliers since that's the only chance you have of winning.

One idea I've had that I've yet to test is trying a castle siege scenario without the door, but using a glyph of Rannveig relatively accessible to the castle player. That way, it's not as simple as just draft a bunch of dragons and call it a day. With this scenario, walking figures have a chance, which I think makes for more a interesting game than just fly over the wall.
Old August 5th, 2017, 08:11 PM
On vacation...

Thanks! Those are all good ideas. Rannveig is a super neat idea, without the doors. The door definitely is an annoying feature, the only map I've ever liked having the door was my Frozen Sea Wall, but that's not really a castle map at all.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Let me know how it goes! I'm interested to hear about what you chose and how it worked.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios