Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 12th, 2016, 11:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

CRY HAVOC FIRST EXPANSION ANNOUNCED

Quote:
thegamewire Portal Games is releasing plenty of new games in 2017! We wanted to help them announce a bunch of games with them while they're at Essen!
Cry Havoc: Aftermath is the expands on the critically acclaimed Cry Havoc with new skills and structures to add even more re-playability to the game. Each faction receives 5 new skills and three new structures which nearly doubles the number of unique abilities in the game. Additionally, this expansion introduces an alternate game mode which ensures each game lasts for 5 full rounds. When passing an event token, instead of removing it, new scoring abilities are introduced which allow players even more opportunity to gain victory points.

Last edited by chas; October 14th, 2016 at 05:13 AM.
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:13 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Expansion announced!

CRY HAVOC FIRST EXPANSION ANNOUNCED

Quote:
thegamewire Portal Games is releasing plenty of new games in 2017! We wanted to help them announce a bunch of games with them while they're at Essen!
Cry Havoc: Aftermath is the expands on the critically acclaimed Cry Havoc with new skills and structures to add even more re-playability to the game. Each faction receives 5 new skills and three new structures which nearly doubles the number of unique abilities in the game. Additionally, this expansion introduces an alternate game mode which ensures each game lasts for 5 full rounds. When passing an event token, instead of removing it, new scoring abilities are introduced which allow players even more opportunity to gain victory points.
So does Cry Havoc live up to the hype?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

YES!!!

For me anyhow, and the four people I've played it with so far. Its unique and innovative, simple, asymmetric, thematic, fun at any player count of 2-4, has some alternate skills that can change for each faction for each game, and plays in about two hours. And it will be easy to introduce many types of variations in the future.

Which they are starting to do already in the new expansion (see last post).

(Edit: Link to my review on bgg):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...-and-fantastic

(Edit): Photos of a new skill for each faction have been posted on bgg from Essen. They are:

Humans: Armored Shuttle ( Build 2 Activate 1)
Move up to 3 Units from this Region to a Region 2 spaces away. You can move through Battle Regions or Regions with enemy units.

Pilgrims: Hive Mind (Build 2 Activate 1)
Use any Pilgrim Skill.

Machines: Transporter (Build 2 Activate 1)
Move any number of your units from this Region to any adjacent Regions.

Trogs: Mine (Build 1)
Remove your unit from this Region. Add 1 Crystal to this Region.

Note: The designer says these are only drafts!

Last edited by chas; October 26th, 2016 at 04:47 PM.
Old October 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Spooky Game & Movie Night #1 was a success!

First we had nine players split into a group of 4 and a group of 5 for games of Smash Up. My group (5) ended up drafting from all 4 Cthulhu factions, Cyborg Apes, Wizards, Aliens, Halflings, Killer Plants, and Steampunks. The Elder Things/Wizards player buried everyone in Madness cards, but were unable to score too many points themselves. My Minions of Cthulhu/Cyborg Apes didn't play too well together and I ended up tying for last with 8 points. Meanwhile, the Aliens/Killer Plants player zoomed ahead to 10 points and we all did our best to stop her, but in the end she had 13 points to second place's 11.

We finished before the other group, so 4 of us broke out a quick game of King of Tokyo. My Pandakai killed Gigazaur despite him flapping around on newly grown Wings. His Heat Vision kept our points suppressed, though, before he went down. Meka Dragon finished off Pumpkin Jack shortly thereafter, and was barely able to get rid of his -1 re-roll Gift before he did. Then Pandakai's Bamboo Supply was eventually able to fuel Alpha Monster and Intimidating Roar to take over Tokyo and win on points despite Meka Dragon basically being invincible thanks to a (redundant?) Robot Costume! I don't know all the factions in the 4-player game, but I do know Pirate/Dinosaurs won despite everyone's best efforts to gang up on them.

As the other Smash Up game finished, more partiers had arrived, and they all put in the movie What We Do in the Shadows. 3 of us who had played KoT plus 1 more decided to play a 2v2 game of A Touch of Evil. The Soldier and Doctor teamed up against the Privateer and Smuggler to take on the Reaper. It was slow going at first, despite not really having too many dangerous encounters, and even when we did the Soldier managed to put the Lychanthrope in the ground without even a scratch. The Reaper started killing and running off Town Elders in earnest, but Team Doctor discovered a few Journal Pages that helped them discover the Reaper's weakness and Lair in the Bog. They geared up heavily and bought an Old Map and were ready to move in, so the Smuggler and I did some quick last minute preparations and swooped in on him from the Forgotten Island. We had a couple Elders to help, but the Reaper had grown quite tough what with all the murders. We managed to do 19 damage to his 24 health, though, before he knocked us out. Since we failed to snatch victory out from under the other team, they easily swooped in and finished him off (which they were going to do anyway without our help). Very intense finish, and we managed to save the town despite it needed an entire crop of new Elders - all 9 had been killed or fled!

Looking forward to what we try next week.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 15th, 2016, 10:38 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
YES!!!

For me anyhow, and the four people I've played it with so far. Its unique and innovative, simple, asymmetric, thematic, fun at any player count of 2-4, has some alternate skills that can change for each faction for each game, and plays in about two hours. And it will be easy to introduce many types of variations in the future.

Which they are starting to do already in the new expansion (see last post).

(Edit): Photos of a new skill for each faction have been posted on bgg from Essen. They are:

Humans: Armored Shuttle ( Build 2 Activate 1)
Move up to 3 Units from this Region to a Region 2 spaces away. You can move through Battle Regions or Regions with enemy units.

Pilgrims: Hive Mind (Build 2 Activate 1)
Use any Pilgrim Skill.

Machines: Transporter (Build 2 Activate 1)
Move any number of your units from this Region to any adjacent Regions.

Trogs: Mine (Build 1)
Remove your unit from this Region. Add 1 Crystal to this Region.

Note: The designer says these are only drafts!
Thank you chas. This one is certainly on my want list.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 16th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got one base of UNSC troops done for Halo Ground Command. I just have to add a little highlights, seal it and add a grass tuft to it and it will be done. But the main thing is getting a color scheme figured out so I can know what to use for the other 12 bases of soldiers as well as the 2 soldiers in each Warthog.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 16th, 2016, 07:40 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Man that's some fine detailing. I can barely see figures that small never-lone try to paint them. My hat's off to you sir.
Old October 16th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Man that's some fine detailing. I can barely see figures that small never-lone try to paint them. My hat's off to you sir.
Thanks A3n! Though, if I didn't get bifocals last year, I would never have been able to paint these, or even HS sized ones. I have been nearsighted since 5th grade, but a couple years ago I started having issues reading smaller typeset and seeing detail up close. So I finally realized that's just part of getting older and I needed to get bifocals.

Old October 16th, 2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Thanks A3n! Though, if I didn't get bifocals last year, I would never have been able to paint these, or even HS sized ones. I have been nearsighted since 5th grade, but a couple years ago I started having issues reading smaller typeset and seeing detail up close. So I finally realized that's just part of getting older and I needed to get bifocals.
I recently purchased my glasses and I opted yet again to get regular single vision lenses. I wish now that I had gone with bifocals. I have to take my glasses off to paint but still can't see detail very well. I use reading glasses for it but it still does not cut it. I think bifocals are the thing that I need. Miniature painting is difficult without them. Now I have to wait at least another year.

That is some great painting as usual. It’s hard to tell but it looks like you added some wear and tear effects on the helms and armor? Nice job!

Last edited by keglo; October 16th, 2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old October 16th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I recently purchased my glasses and I opted yet again to get regular single vision lenses. I wish now that I had gone with bifocals. I have to take my glasses off to paint but still can't see detail very well. I use reading glasses for it but it still does not cut it. I think bifocals are the thing that I need. Miniature painting is difficult without them. Now I have to wait at least another year.

That is some great painting as usual. It’s hard to tell but it looks like you added is some wear and tear effects on the helms and armor? Nice job!
Thanks Keglo!

They've come a long way with bifocals, as you can get them and not even have a line between prescriptions that used to be there. Very glad I got them. Though now I'm at the point where I will soon give up my contacts that I where at work and just get another pair of bifocals for work.

I didn't add any wear to anything, but the strong tone ink wash helps give it more of a weathered look.

Old October 16th, 2016, 03:44 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

We finished before the other group, so 4 of us broke out a quick game of King of Tokyo. My Pandakai killed Gigazaur despite him flapping around on newly grown Wings. His Heat Vision kept our points suppressed, though, before he went down. Meka Dragon finished off Pumpkin Jack shortly thereafter, and was barely able to get rid of his -1 re-roll Gift before he did. Then Pandakai's Bamboo Supply was eventually able to fuel Alpha Monster and Intimidating Roar to take over Tokyo and win on points despite Meka Dragon basically being invincible thanks to a (redundant?) Robot Costume! I don't know all the factions in the 4-player game, but I do know Pirate/Dinosaurs won despite everyone's best efforts to gang up on them.
I have KoT myself, played it last night, and reading this, I noticed you have the expansions. I have no expansions myself, so I must ask, are they worth buying?

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old October 16th, 2016, 04:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

I have KoT myself, played it last night, and reading this, I noticed you have the expansions. I have no expansions myself, so I must ask, are they worth buying?
In my opinion, yes, at least the Power Up! expansion. It adds evolution cards that are unique to each character, giving each monster its own flavor (for example, Meka Dragon is all about extra damage, while Alienoid likes to buy lots of upgrade cards as well) as well as making gameplay a little more dynamic.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games