Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 14th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zettian Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Scaper94 View Post
Awsome team to add to your army! Zettians are good if used well.
And?

Here's some friendly advice, N-Scaper - see all those deleted posts above yours? The Books of Heroscape are meant for questions and meaningful discussion about the figures. All those deleted posts are ones that weren't relevant or posts that didn't contribute anything other than "This unit is cool!" or "This unit sucks!" Your post and my post will have to be deleted from this Book by RevDyer because they have little to do with the Zettian Guards, which is just more work for him. If you post in a Book, please ask a question about them, tell us about how you use them, an army build you have for them, etc... Anything is better than "These guys are awesome!"
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:27 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

i wish these guys were better they look so cool
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
i wish these guys were better they look so cool
Please read this and in the future refrain from "adding" posts like this to the Books.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

The 3 posts above made me laugh so hard I had to come up with something useful to say just to make a post worth pointing them out.

I think the new "neutral" figure rules for the D&D set were almost designed for the deathwalker zettian serise.

This guys have high defense and range making them perfect for stationary traps that are set off by treasure glyphs. I even remember a solo game that uses these guy exactly this way. I'm definitally going to have the under-used guards serving there purpose as... well gaurds.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:33 PM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation

Sorry if I missed this in the above discussion. I know it's been discussed before (several years ago perhaps?), but it's something I've been thinking about as I've been getting back into Heroscape after a bit of a hiatus:

Would the Zettian Guards be considered "more useful" and get a better grade if they were a COMMON Squad? Obviously, because they were in the Master Set, you'd have to have multiple Master Sets to use more than one squad of these (but doesn't everyone have at least 2 RotV sets these days? ). But it seems one of the major issues is that there are only two of them. But if you had FOUR, that could make their viability last longer.

Obviously, the map, the scenario, etc, would still determine thier ultimate viability, and I'm not necessarily advocating an official change - it's more a hypothetical "what if".
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmazero13 View Post
Sorry if I missed this in the above discussion. I know it's been discussed before (several years ago perhaps?), but it's something I've been thinking about as I've been getting back into Heroscape after a bit of a hiatus:

Would the Zettian Guards be considered "more useful" and get a better grade if they were a COMMON Squad? Obviously, because they were in the Master Set, you'd have to have multiple Master Sets to use more than one squad of these (but doesn't everyone have at least 2 RotV sets these days? ). But it seems one of the major issues is that there are only two of them. But if you had FOUR, that could make their viability last longer.

Obviously, the map, the scenario, etc, would still determine thier ultimate viability, and I'm not necessarily advocating an official change - it's more a hypothetical "what if".
I have to agree ... I mean then it would be easier to avoid the loss of zettian targeting once you lose a zett

Last edited by yamissflash; January 7th, 2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: rethought
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

Dignan is looking into some playtested reforms to many figures - including the Zettians.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26867

However, I like the fact there are some unique squads. Though, they need to be worth their points.

We did find a very good use for these guys in a recent game. It was a castle defence/capture the flag (Hellcat Keep) scenario. There are two flags on top of tall towers. And the Zettians were an excellent choice to hold the flags.

They didn't require an order maker, and with height, they were rolling 8 defence dice - two flags held for only 70 pts.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:27 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT2 View Post
Dignan is looking into some playtested reforms to many figures - including the Zettians.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=26867

However, I like the fact there are some unique squads. Though, they need to be worth their points.

We did find a very good use for these guys in a recent game. It was a castle defence/capture the flag (Hellcat Keep) scenario. There are two flags on top of tall towers. And the Zettians were an excellent choice to hold the flags.

They didn't require an order maker, and with height, they were rolling 8 defence dice - two flags held for only 70 pts.
The Zets can be worth their points as glyph holders and such, but offensively, they really need to be common. With the movement bonus from Warden 816, they get to move 5, and that's nice, but even then they need to be common to really shine.
I would say the DW9K somehow makes up for it with his range enhancement, but then he is so blamed fragile.

How about this Zettian build, for 500 points:

Zettian Guards
Deathwalker 9000
Warden 816
Marcu
Ornak
2x Deathreavers

Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:28 AM

TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker TnT2 knows what's in an order marker

You are correct, to be offensive, they need something. Making them common is one option. It is just that with so many common squads it would be nice to find another solution.

As well, their name "guards" can imply a defensive unit. And they did work well in that role.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:09 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do wish these guys had more of a kick to them, they have failed me abysmally when I have splashed them. On game night they may see one game. The only times they have been pretty good, is very late game when ignored, or a large battle simply caused no high power units to be left, and when(again late game) they are holding a defense glyph where in one game I could only break through by using tandros to cleave.

I don't even consider them much more sadly, unless cyprien is in a nearby starting zone, though glads and Q9 are usually my preffered counter.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
I do wish these guys had more of a kick to them, they have failed me abysmally when I have splashed them. On game night they may see one game. The only times they have been pretty good, is very late game when ignored, or a large battle simply caused no high power units to be left, and when(again late game) they are holding a defense glyph where in one game I could only break through by using tandros to cleave.

I don't even consider them much more sadly, unless cyprien is in a nearby starting zone, though glads and Q9 are usually my preffered counter.

What would you rather waste time and units to destroy? Q9 and the Gladiatrons, or the Zettians?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:24 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

True, it really depends, I play in a 4 way brawl most of the time, but if cyprien is near me, two zets arent usually enough to keep him from coming around for a fast snack. If I don't want to get everyone eying me as Q9 walks around I just take glads though, similar points and a huge cyprien deterrent without all the worry about being targeted. Zets can have their place I feel, at least in multiplayer situations, but I rarely find myself drafting them, and probably wont unless someone else has Q9 and glads and cypriens lurking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units