Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 19th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Help With Wurdz

If it only has a range of 1, is the Undead Attack Aura really an Aura? Shouldn't it read "Undead Attack Enhancement", per Marcus Decimus Gallus, Arktos, etc.? The only figures (I found quickly) with a Range-1 Aura are Finn and Thorgrim, but their enhancements are universal rather than specific to Soldiers, Hunters, Undead, etc.
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Good catch, SoA.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 21st, 2014, 01:46 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks Dad_Scaper for your help. With the wurdz.

The name for MOP11 was originally Cadaverous Touch, and a discussion on this power's name starts here and goes on for a few pages if you want to see how it evolved with community input. Here are some of the names that were suggested:

Cadaverous Blight
Necrotic Infection
Withering Grasp
Cadaverous Grasp
Cadaverous Blight
Cadaverous Cloud
Curse of the Crypt
Aura of Death
Deathly Touch
Deathly Retribution
Putrid
Deadly Rot
Chilling Wound
And, recently, Pestilential Curse.

Personally, I like "Necrotic Infection" or "Cadaverous Grasp" but that may be because I came up with them. If you get close enough to wound him, you may get infected somehow. (He grabs you? Sneezes on you?) Some others had suggested the "cloud" aspect so we ended up with Miasma. (Now I'm going to take it as a personal challenge to come up with another custom with a "Misama" power!) But the "cloud" idea isn't necessary.

The "11" was suggested (I think in the 3FG) because someone said the power might get reused with a different set of odds. (I originally had an attack die roll instead of a d20 roll, I think.) But that's easily dropped.

So, any thoughts on what I should name the power? Something from the list above? Something else entirely?

Oh, and thanks SoA for the catch on Aura vs. Enhancement. I'll fix that too.

Thanks again for your help!
Old June 21st, 2014, 02:30 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the history there, IshMEL. I can see it was a difficult choice.

If what's happening, thematically, is the release of something toxic similar to the dust from a battered cushion, I like "Cloud" from that list of nouns. Grasp, Curse, Wound, and Retribution all imply some affirmative action by Revadac, but this seems like a passive defense. So "Cloud."

"Cadaverous" seems just a little redundant on his name. Deathly and Chilling have been done; Withering doesn't seem quite right to me. I like Infectious or Pestilential. Necrotic is also good, and has the advantage of being one of your own choices, so I would go with Necrotic Cloud.

Thanks again for sharing!

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 21st, 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: bit of a shame about the loss of "miasma," though. get on that, pre-sov people! :-)
Old June 21st, 2014, 03:22 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I like Necrotic Cloud but I'm concerned it will raise the same image as Miasma, as an ever-present cloud that should affect all adjacent units. Do you think Necrotic Infection works?
Old June 21st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Thanks for the speedy reply!

I like Necrotic Cloud but I'm concerned it will raise the same image as Miasma, as an ever-present cloud that should affect all adjacent units. Do you think Necrotic Infection works?
I did think of that downside, and I almost proposed infection as an alternative. They are very close. Infection works, it just doesn't as colorfully evoke the image of the couch cushion. They are both excellent names, and if you like Necrotic Infection you should go for it. Heck, now I think that's my preference, too.

= =
Old June 21st, 2014, 04:24 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about Necrotic Shroud? It is something that is covering Lord Revadac, which works with a shroud and also makes sense as something that can be stirred up by a blow.
Old June 24th, 2014, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestion Serenity. I like the name, but the way I see it the infection comes from his body and not the cloak, which Shroud would suggest.
Old June 24th, 2014, 03:43 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, I can see that. How about simpler then? Pestilence.
Old June 24th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

"Pestilence" sounds like an active, area attack sort of thing. Great name for a power, though.

= =
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

How would you write for a power that negates shadow tiles?

"All figures adjacent to [Bright Light Figure] do not roll one extra die for being on a shadow space"

I don't want to just take make the defense -1 since Shadow doesn't impact all figure sizes.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 16th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hmm. It's tricky, which you already knew.

"A figure that is adjacent to Rainbowbrite and on a shadow tile does not receive an additional defense die from its presence on that shadow tile."

It's a bit wordy, but you want to be careful not to strip away *all* bonuses from standing in that location, because it may have height advantage as well. There might be a better formulation, too. Also, this formulation preserves Hide in Darkness, which other alternatives that I considered & rejected did not.

Thoughts?

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards