Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 25th, 2024, 07:34 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Eradicator

Ah, I see. Sorry, the "my" confused me.

I liked the last Dredd movie. IIRC, one of my few gripes with it was that the gimmicky ammo was established early in the film but didn't really play much of a part in the climax.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Eradicator

He ran out of ammo.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:07 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - Riddler

Moving on from all the Superman-related stuff, I decided to work on a character I've avoided for a long time, Riddler:

I only bought a Riddler mini for myself in the past year. There are some comic characters I've never been all that interested in translating to Heroscape because I felt their typical roles in stories didn't lend themselves well to a beat-em-up combat game, and Riddler was one of those characters. (Uatu the Watcher would be another example.)

Eventually though, I figured Riddler was too iconic a villain not to include in the Shermanverse, so I tried to come up with something that would incorporate a riddle/puzzle/guessing theme into a minis skirmish game. The idea behind the card is that he is best used alongside some common squaddies like my Street Thugs:

Last edited by Sherman Davies; March 2nd, 2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:14 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I've got to smile because I've always felt the exact same way about the Riddler. He just doesn't seem like a character meant to be in a skirmish battle. But with that said, he is iconic and does deserve to be considered.

Both Lil'Helm and I like your take. The one question we have is on this one sentence...

"... must guess which Order Marker you are about to reveal." Taken literally, I know exactly which OM you are about to reveal because they go in sequential order. We think you meant to say...

"... must guess which card has the Order Marker you are about to reveal."
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:18 PM

Well, a card can have more than one OM on it, so "guess which card" wouldn't work. The intent is that the guesser points to the literal marker they are choosing, and the Riddler player then reveals their OM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:47 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Ahhh, you pick the physical marker to be turned. My bad, I read it like I would say, "You are about to reveal Order Marker #2". Hopefully you can see why that seemed odd to me.
Old February 27th, 2024, 09:01 PM

Sure, I get it - comes with being novel and out-of-the-box.
Old February 27th, 2024, 09:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Would it be overkill to add an adjective?

"... must guess which unrevealed Order Marker you are about to reveal."

I can admit it is certainly not necessary but to this crazy old man, it helps explain the actual action is to choose a physical Order Marker rather than guessing the Order Marker number that is about to be revealed.
Old February 27th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really cool designs there Sherm.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:29 PM

Thanks Tornado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Would it be overkill to add an adjective?

"... must guess which unrevealed Order Marker you are about to reveal."

I can admit it is certainly not necessary but to this crazy old man, it helps explain the actual action is to choose a physical Order Marker rather than guessing the Order Marker number that is about to be revealed.
Sure, I dunno that it's necessary either but I don't think it hurts any. I've updated the card.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 08:13 PM
Captain Underpants

Thanks for helping an old man understand the intent.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 06:25 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love the Riddler design! I had one I was tinkering with that did something with guess the OM, but didn't have a good solution for what happens when the opponent guesses right or wrong. I think what you have with the attack re-rolls and boost that is especially good for squads is very cool. It makes him useful, slightly annoying to play against, but not overpowered.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations