Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V Public Announcements

Hey you weren't at my house when those **** Dividers were poppin' faster than popcorn kernels under the wrathful yet futile blade of Sir Hawthorne's Special Attack. But yes normally it's not too threatening unless he can pass through a whole squad and get several tries at it.

~TAF, truthfully

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; May 23rd, 2015 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Is it even possible for him to pass through 8 figures...?
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:32 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Hey you weren't at my house when those **** Dividers were poppin' faster than popcorn kernels under the wrathful yet futile blade of Sir Hawthorne's Special Attack. But yes normally it's not too threatening unless he can pass through a whole squad and get several tries at it.

~TAF, truthfully
It is possible, if all 8 figures and the Varja are on road tiles and all one space after each other (in other words, the odds are your opponent is not that stupid).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 23rd, 2015, 11:29 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:

~TAF, truthfully
It is possible, if all 8 figures and the Varja are on road tiles and all one space after each other (in other words, the odds are your opponent is not that stupid).
I was just thinking of Valda.

~Dysole, noting that the max Varja movement should be 12 (Eldgrim) then assuming no glyph multiples. (93%)
Old May 24th, 2015, 05:48 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
That makes Varja crazy powerful against Bonding squad armies, even if you do need a 17 or higher.
Yes, but only if your opponent is foolish enough to line them up nicely for you. Just like opposing Zelrig or an elf wizard pod, your opponent had best spread his folks out. If the figures are non-adjacent, you can't hit more than two, unless you're move-boosted somehow.
The trouble with that is you're only going to get 1 attack a turn on him with a bonding squad. Unless your hero also gets in on the action. If you only send one squad figure at him at a time he'll have all the time in the world to cause hell. This guy causes multiple problems for commons.
That doesn't necessarily follow. There are six places to attack from for most spaces on the map. So you could surround the Varja with 3 squad figures, none of whom were next to each other, get in 3 attacks on the big guy, and still only give him 2 shots at you (which, as Dysole points out, is only about a 1 in 3 chance).

Quote:
Again, just to be picky: you could only do 7. In fact, if there were 8 figures on the road in front of you, you could only get 4 of them (assuming the road was only 1 hex wide, which most of them are). Because, you know, after 4 you'd have to leave the road to have somewhere to land, which would eliminate your road bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:00 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Again, just to be picky: you could only do 7. In fact, if there were 8 figures on the road in front of you, you could only get 4 of them (assuming the road was only 1 hex wide, which most of them are). Because, you know, after 4 you'd have to leave the road to have somewhere to land, which would eliminate your road bonus.
Since Manauvi requires a Range of 1 for his Spirit, 7 seems to be the max with Eldgrim + Roads and without Glyphs. That's a lot to be sure, but your opponent would still have to be a dumb-dumb to get hit so often.

~TAF, suggesting that Varja is potent, not overpowered

Old June 14th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello,

I'm actually translating wave 19 in French, and I have a question.

For Garret, his personnality is Ruthless. In French, we translate is the same way than merciless, i.e. Impitoyable. So, 2 little questions :
  • why he isn't Merciless, as it's an already existing personnality ?
  • if it's because here ruthless hasn't the same meaning than Merciless, witch would be the actual meaning ?
    • <=> Crual ?
    • <=> without sensibility ?
    • <=> unhuman ?
    • <=> inflexible/uncompromising ?

Thank in advance guys.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old June 14th, 2015, 10:06 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
[*] if it's because here ruthless hasn't the same meaning than Merciless, witch would be the actual meaning ?
They are synonyms, although there are slight differences in connotation or scope. Ruthless is a bit more general; you can be ruthless in your general tactics or in how you speak or write to someone. Merciless is a bit more focused on physical treatment (fighting, torture). I mean, they're both about viciousness, cruelty, torture, but ruthless can be abstracted a bit.

Ruthless — cruel, pitiless, compassionless, callous
Merciless — cruel, pitiless, barbarous, inhumane

So the implication seems to be that Garrett Burns would be the kind of guy who has poor widow McDaniels thrown into jail because she's one day late with the money she owes him, and when his neighbor Sy Bartlett refuses to sell Garrett his land, Garrett kills all of Sy's cattle to force him to move back east to his family. But Garrett wouldn't kill or torture the people; he is ruthless in his tactics, but not physically brutal to people who don't pose him bodily harm.

EDIT: Whoops, I just checked his bio and Garrett is a murderer and a cop-killer. So I don't know why he wasn't just given the existing Merciless personality rather than introduce such a close synonym that previously did not exist in classic. Maybe there's some reason we don't know about yet, like an upcoming unit that offers synergy to Merciless units and needs to leave Garrett out?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; June 14th, 2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old June 14th, 2015, 10:03 AM

How about "tres mal"? ... "le pire"?

~TAF, who has forgotten pretty much all his French already.

Old June 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Merciless = "I will act without mercy;" I will not show my enemies any quarter, referring specifically to how you treat other people.
Ruthless = "I will achieve my goals by any means necessary;" I will approach my problems without considering morality or other people.

I admit they're very similar, but in English (to me at least) they have a slightly different dimension. Merciless is how you deals with others, Ruthless is how you orient yourself. They just manifest in the same way.

I think, for the sake of translation, pushing that difference and going with "uncompromising/inflexible" would be capture the spirit fairly well.
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Merciless = "I will act without mercy;" I will not show my enemies any quarter, referring specifically to how you treat other people.
Ruthless = "I will achieve my goals by any means necessary;" I will approach my problems without considering morality or other people.

I admit they're very similar, but in English (to me at least) they have a slightly different dimension. Merciless is how you deals with others, Ruthless is how you orient yourself. They just manifest in the same way.

I think, for the sake of translation, pushing that difference and going with "uncompromising/inflexible" would be capture the spirit fairly well.
^^^^
Old June 14th, 2015, 10:53 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

For me , I think merciless kills cause you crossed me. Ruthless just will do whatever it takes to finish the job.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks so much for the answers guys.

It's always very interesting to see the interpretation of each other for such kind of word that can get a lot of different meanings following the situation.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs