Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 7th, 2023, 11:32 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker
dunedain's maps

Gonna try my hand at some cartography. Please give me any feedback on these if you play them

Snowball Fight
1 ROTV & 1 TT

Louisiana Hot Swamp
1 SOTM, 1VW, & 1 FOTA

Sunset Run
2 BTFU & 1 TJ

Hive Hill
1 SOTM

Pompeii Colosseum
1 ROTV, 1 VW, 1 FOTA

Last edited by Dunedain; March 3rd, 2024 at 06:30 PM.
Old November 8th, 2023, 07:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: dunedain's maps

Some pretty sweet first maps to post on the site!

Couple thoughts on each:

Snowball Fight
Two main things that I'd work at here, one tiny and one a little more involved. First, I'd leave the glyphs random. Thorian is just gonna skew things, so I wouldn't specify it. Second, I think the level 3 is a bit flat and uninteresting. This map would benefit from a little bit of level 4, imo. I love the side level 3 runs, btw.

Louisiana Hot Swamp
The biggest thing that sticks out is the level 1 swamp 2-hex on the left side of the SZ. It just slows down development a little more than I'd like (you have to go down up down up). I'd move that 2-hex up and left, and then free the swamp 1-hexes that are unnecessarily propping up a 7-hex and place them somewhere more helpful. Also the SZ is 25 hexes.
Old November 16th, 2023, 12:28 AM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

UPDATE: made some edits to both maps thanks to superfrog's feedback and some playtesting. Louisiana Hot Swamp start zone has been cleaned up, widened the edges to allow for 2 spaces figures to hold them, and reworked the area around level 3 three-hex to the left of the start zone to fix what was a bad chokepoint. Snowball Fight has had the middle reworked to be more dynamic for level 3 and added a bit of level 4
Old November 16th, 2023, 05:20 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool maps Dunedain nice to have a new mapmaker in town!

Old November 20th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Not a n00b

Sunset Run
2 BTFU & 1 TJ

My first, certainly not last, attempt at the BTfU/TJ combo

Last edited by Dunedain; December 12th, 2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old December 12th, 2023, 04:04 PM
Not a n00b

Updated Sunset Run to make the non water glyph more accessible, and to clean up the look in front of the SZs
Old December 30th, 2023, 01:08 PM
Not a n00b

Hive Hill
1 SOTM

Wanted to try out the 1 SOTM set challenge. It's not my favorite battlefield I've made, but I think it makes for a fun small skirmish match, and I'm happy with how I utilized the amount of terrain to work with

Last edited by Dunedain; March 3rd, 2024 at 06:19 PM.
Old December 31st, 2023, 02:42 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's a tough terrain set to work with; it looks great! I like the height and size you were able to achieve.
Old February 26th, 2024, 03:37 PM
Not a n00b

Updated Snowball and Hot Swamp after some playtesting and feedback. Snowball was condensed a tad and I’ve varied up the middle some more to allow for some more variety in the height. I’ve kept the line of sight blockers the same on Hot Swamp but have reworked the safe height to the sides of the middle to try and avoid podding outside the start zone. The middle has been adjusted so there’s still some lava height, but much smoother to move around on the road

Snowball Fight
1 ROTV & 1 TT

Louisiana Hot Swamp
1 SOTM, 1VW, & 1 FOTA

Last edited by Dunedain; February 26th, 2024 at 03:58 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 06:20 PM
Not a n00b

Pompeii Colosseum
1 ROTV, 1 VW, 1 FOTA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios