Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 18th, 2019, 03:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
How to Paint the Wildwood Runner

Hi everybody!

We just announced an alternate mini for the Wildwood Runner (picture here).

As it's a 3D printed miniature, it comes unpainted. So I tried my hand at painting some. Here's how you do it.

Please note: I've never painted a miniature before, I used the cheapest supplies possible, and I'm not an artist. These still turned out really well. I believe in you!

Here's the supplies I used:

$1 Acrylic paints from Michaels

A $5 pack of basic brushes from Michaels

A $5 can on Testor Dullcote from Michaels (optional but recommended)

Start with your unpainted miniature:
(This one is based, but the unbased ones were easier to paint, so I recommend those).

Using the brown paint (darkened with a tiny bit of black), paint the miniature entirely:

Let dry 20-30 minutes, and add another coat of the same paint:
(At this point I also added eyes, but I recommend you do that at the end).

After that dries for 20-30 more minutes, the wash. Put a drop of black paint on your paper plate and add water until it's really thin. Paint the entire mini (but make sure the wash doesn't pool too much in the nooks).

(I forgot to get a picture of this step).

The last main step is the dry brush. Add a touch of white to your brown paint. Get some on your brush, and paint 98% of it onto a paper towel. Use one of the bigger brushes and paint over your mini quickly. This will apply a little bit of lighter color to some of the raised parts of the miniature.

To add the eyes, use the very tip of your smallest brush and some yellow paint. The figure has little eye sockets so you know right where the paint should go.

Then, let the figure dry overnight, and apply the Dullcote.

Lay the figure down and spray it generously. Let it dry 30 minutes, flip it, and spray again. Repeat until you're happy with the feel of your miniature and you have coated every part. After a few coats, it starts to feel smooth (like a Heroscape miniature) rather than rough (like dried paint).

Once they're dry, base them, and you're done!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs