Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old April 29th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Delusional Woo who?
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I'm mainly looking for fun units to play with. I'm not a very competitive Heroscape player, usually playing with custom, less strict house rules. Cool sculpts are an added bonus, but I'm more so looking for units that would be enjoyable to mess around with in any sort of not-so-competitive, relaxed house game.

Which wave is Kurrok from? And who in their right mind decided they should separate the elementals from the elementalist?

"It is no story that kills my people and destroys their villages, it is no story that has eluded my army at every turn, it is no story that has made us prisoners within the walls of our own city!"
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I would definitely get D1. I think they are all great waves, notwithstanding the criticism they got at the time. They are among my favorites. If you are only getting the one set, though, then real question is, how awesome are the Unique & Uncommon units you get in the set? And the answer for that is D1, I think.

You get Mogrimm and the Fen Hydra, which are both great, plus you get a bunch of other common & uncommon heroes along with the others in the Hero pack.

The elementals are cool but probably trade bait, like the squaddies.

What I would consider doing, honestly, is looking at the "Wave and Pack" distribution of the units here, and see what looks interesting to you. My vote is D1, but you can't really go wrong. Just remember that the common squads will not get to maximize their effectiveness when you use one at a time. Also, if you don't pick D1, the Fen Hydra may come to your house tonight and eat you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:27 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Welcome to the site, Delusional!

As a casual player like you, I'd concur with the others -- you can't really go wrong with any of these options, but D1 does have a lot of great heroes in it. I'd also keep in mind that you can trade (there's a good trade thread here.) So, for instance, you could trade away those Phantom Knights (which are in high demand) and get 2-3 more Greenscales (which will work with your other dragons), and Kurrok to help out your elementals, etc. (Just as an example.)
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:28 PM

Delusional Woo who?

Alright, so looks like D1 is the best choice. I'll look through the books, but that pretty much settles it. Wasn't planning on doing much deliberation, since I plan on picking up the other two waves in the near future. Though, which wave, D2 or D3, would be best to pick up first in the future? Or should I go searching for remnants of the original 10 waves instead?

Thanks for the help, guys!

"It is no story that kills my people and destroys their villages, it is no story that has eluded my army at every turn, it is no story that has made us prisoners within the walls of our own city!"
Old April 29th, 2014, 09:34 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
Which wave is Kurrok from? And who in their right mind decided they should separate the elementals from the elementalist?
Answer to first question: He's in D2, Warriors of Eberron! I didn't look at the pack, but he's in there somewhere, I swear I just saw it in the list that Dad_Scaper put up...

Answer to second question: Probably some head honcho with a crazy scheme to make money, trying to make us buy more scape because they are separated into different packs... it's annoying, huh?

And, with trading, you may be able to even get yourself a Kurrok!
Old April 30th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

*Looks at Delusional's location

Holy carp! How much does shipping cost?
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post

That's why Delusional can only get one wave this time.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

That's why Delusional can only get one wave this time.
I think even one wave would be far too much. Like, at least a couple billion dollars for S&H. That's probably why he's Delusional.
Old April 30th, 2014, 10:35 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Definitely D1. The Hydra is a must have.

Kurrok and the Elementals (sounds like a Rock band name) get knocked a lot, but I think they are great fun to play. Ideally you would need two or three of each elemental, but once you have the cards for one set, you can proxy other figures for the multiples.

Mogrimm is also a great choice, especially if you manage to get some Axegrinders.
Old April 30th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, D1. I'd actually trade the elementals away since they're in high demand and you're only going to have one set of them (rather than trading for a Kurrok to use with your one "squad" of elementals).

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old April 30th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Delusional Woo who?

Quote:

Oh, y'know. Few billion. Worth it, though.

Yeah, I got D1, then also found a Kurrok on ebay and bought him too. Perhaps I'll obtain a few more squads of elementals in the future, or in the worst case scenario, proxy in other figures if I need more. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, I don't intend to play very seriously with them.

Not too many tournaments on the moon...

Old April 30th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusional View Post
Quote:

Oh, y'know. Few billion. Worth it, though.

Yeah, I got D1, then also found a Kurrok on ebay and bought him too. Perhaps I'll obtain a few more squads of elementals in the future, or in the worst case scenario, proxy in other figures if I need more. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, I don't intend to play very seriously with them.

Not too many tournaments on the moon...
You might find the elementals as D&D minis. That's what they originally were. I have a mixed set of D&D elementals and Heroscape elementals in my collection. Same with the wyrmlings. One of the D&D Adventure Games (I think Legend of Drizz't, but it might be one of the others) has water elementals in it. It's the same mini.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's