Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 6th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How Long Do Your Turns Take?

How long does a turn normally take you? Obviously this depends on a lot of factors, like how many units you're activating and how many special abilities they have. Because of this I'm more interested in how long you spend thinking/planning, rather than how long you spend moving/attacking.

Do you carefully weigh every possible option or do you just do the first thing that comes to mind? Does your planning take very long, or are you able to assess things quickly?

On the flip side, do you ever get frustrated when other players take too long? If so, do you have good ways of dealing with this? Do you set a time limit? How long do you give?
Old May 6th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How Long Do Your Turns Take?

Depends on my in-game confidence, and how impactful I think the perfect move would be in a certain situation. Generally I'd say I'm on the faster side, but I often pre-plan strategies before entering a match as well. On the flipside, not really, unless we are getting close to time. This rarely happens in this community and has never, ever been an issue for me online.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 7th, 2018, 06:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I generally take 20 seconds to decide a move. Occasionally when it appears to be a critical point in the game, I might take 2 or 3 minutes counting spaces and debating strategies.

Most of my planning takes place when setting OMs.
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:09 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Depends how many rats are left in play. Just kidding I hate rats. I usually plan on my opponents turn so mine is faster. Just like chess if your opponent is making a predictable move you already know what to do. If they make a move or do something you didn't expect you need to reassess what they might be trying to do and thus take more time either on their turn or flow over to your turn still thinking. In conclusion it depends on who your facing and what's going on but otherwise it's no longer than a minute and probably to a max of three minutes.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old May 7th, 2018, 09:03 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

60 seconds or less, usually. Can't stand it when people take forever to take a turn...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 8th, 2018, 03:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It varies for me, sometimes I know exactly what I want to do and the turn is pretty fast, other times I'm not so sure what the best option is and I can take some time weighing the different options.

I would say one significant factor is if I believe I'm winning or losing at that moment, if I'm winning I'll want to press my advantage/attack aggressively and those turns are easy to execute, if losing then I'll want be more careful/defensive in my moves looking for a way to turn things around. Luring your overconfident opponent into a trap that lets you regain the upper had requires more careful planning than just rolling over a reeling opponent.

The other significant factor would be the types of units you have still in play and are revealing OM's on. When you reveal an OM on a common squad card that bonds with your choice of 3 other hero cards, then you might need to weigh your options concerning which squad figures you activate and which hero you bond with. If you reveal an OM on a non-bonding hero card and that hero is engaged with 3 foes, your options are pretty limited.

Your question does have me wondering how the game would develop and evolve should you run a speed play tournament (ie. like how some play chess with a turn clock). If each player only had 30 seconds to execute their turn, and 15 seconds to place OM's at the start of each turn, which army cards would rise to the top?
Old May 8th, 2018, 04:40 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I’d like to see what your approach would be, gentlemen. Whatever your principles for such a game might be, I’m sure they’d be enlightening.

Old May 11th, 2018, 07:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I play pretty quickly most of the time. I don't rush myself, but I usually don't waste any time. Then pit me against Son of @Mr_Chompy and cut that time in half. I don't know what it is, but we just click when we face off and usually finish our games before anyone else is halfway through theirs.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion