Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 29th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Bare Necessities of Scape

After reading some excellent post by Just_A_Bill in the official wizards feedback thread (one of which is here), I wondered what my essential units were.

If you had to scale down your Heroscape collection to only your essential units what would they be?

To make this more interesting and structured everyone who would like to post can make a list of 35 units in no particular order. We'll assume that you can have multiples of common units, but not something like a 100, just what would be required to fulfill their usefulness. 2-3 of most commons with a few exceptions. This is noted just so someone doesn't list 35 common units so that they could have 3500 squads.

After enough people have posted (or haven't) I'll compile the top 35 essential units of the community and add it to this post. I'll do this by tallying how many different list a unit appears in. Then we can all see what our new scape world looks like after trimming the fat (or being malnourished).

To make it easier for me to gather the data please group your chosen units under the Generals they follow (or under Marvel if you roll like that).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Units that have appeared on 5 or more list after 12 list (post number 19). Up to 29 units.
Spoiler Alert!

Number of units that have appeared and by General (Includes D2 numbers, even though not all previews have been seen. Cause a couple already made lists!).
Marvel hasn't been included, as no one has chosen any yet.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; June 30th, 2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Several reasons
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Bare Necessities of Scape

It's a great thread, but it would take me a long time to complete.
I could think of a few units I could easily give up (Roman Archers, Sacred Band, Saylind ect) but I don't think I want to even give those up. I love the variety of this game. I like have the options of taking just about any unit, so I try to regularly bring the dust collectors into play.
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

My humble list:

Einar 6 units
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar 6 units
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar 7 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar 7 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar 6 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla 3 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Total: 35 Units

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; June 29th, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks A-Train, I feel the same way you do, but I was interested to see which figures appeared on multiple peoples list. So I think I can make this a bit more interesting. Let's put a limit on how many figures you can keep, and I've updated this in my first post. 35 different units.

Assuming you could have multiples of commons but no more than 2-3 squads or whatever is actually needed. Maybe 4 or 5 on zombies or drones for example. The number of squads doesn't need to be listed. The limited number is there so people won't pick all 35 units as common squads then say they did it so they could have 100 of each.

In a week or so I'll try and compile a top 35 of everyones list with units appearing in order of popularity. So if a unit A appears on X amount of peoples list and unit B appears X-1, then unit A will be rated at 1 and unit B at 2.

It will be easier to do that if everyone seperates their 35 by general like I did.

Here's my 35.
Spoiler Alert!

Much more difficult this time around. My original list had 48 units and I had a tough time cutting down to just the 35.

Sorry wriggz, you beat my posting speed. I had to do the first one over because the site signed me out. Trim it down to 35 if you would. Please. Though I liked reading your 51, it's probably a bit too much for everyone to list.

Edit: Put in alphabetical order.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; June 30th, 2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:28 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jandar
Raelin ROTV
4th Mass
Nilfheim
Knights of Weston
Sir Gilbert
Alastair MacDirk
Finn
Thorgrim

Vydar
Major Q9
Major Q10
KMA
Agent Carr
Braxas

Einar
10th Reg.
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Roman Legionnaires
Crixus

Utgar
Krug
Marro Stingers
Cyprien
Sonya
Fen Hydra
Marro Warriors
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Blade Gruts
Heavy Gruts
Grimnak
Nerak
Tornak

Ullar
Syvaris
Warriors of Ashra
Charos
Greenscales
Kaemon Awa
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, with a definite goal in mind, I will give this a try. I didn't take into consideration point values for making good armies I just kept the units I liked best, or enjoyed facing (I provide virtually all the units for my game group).

Utgar 13
Marro Drones
Me Burq Sa
Su Bak Na
Marden Nagrubs
Kee Mo Shi
Heavy Gruts
Drow Chain Fighter
Fen Hydra
Minions of Utgar
Cyprien
Grimnak
Tor Kul Na
Marro Stingers

Ullar 7
Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord
Jotun
Syvarris
Sonlen
Warriors of Ashra
Dead Eye Dan

Jandar 6
Sgt. Drake (SOTM)
Zetacron
Omnicron Snipers
Sentinels of Jandar
Knights of Weston
Sir Gilbert

Einar 6
Crixus
Kaemon Awa
Capuan Gladiators
Spartacus
Kozuke Samurai
10th Regiment of Foot

Aquilla 2
Axegrinders of the Burning Forge
Darrak Ambershard

Vydar 1
Braxas

A few things I notice upon looking at the units I kept:

I didn't keep much range. Even looking at the list I kept, I am close to dropping the Stingers, but they are popular in my group, so I kept them.

No Vydar Love. Wow I surprised myself with that, but I've always been a bigger fan of the fantasy/historical than Sci Fi. (I guess thats why I don't mind DnD as much as some)
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's mine.
I would note that I would probably drop Aquilla altogether if I had the MacDirks, Alistair and Knights of Weston.

Einar
10th Regiment of Foot
Izumi Samurai
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Roman Legionnaires
Einar Emperium

Vydar
Braxas
Major Q10
Agent Carr
Microcorp Agents

Jandar
Airborne Elite
Finn the Viking Champion
Tarn Viking Warriors
Thorgrim the Viking Champion
Sgt. Drake Alexander

Ullar
Jotun
Sonlen
Syvarris
Warriors of Ashra
Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord

Aquilla
Granite Gaurdians
Brave Arrow
Mohican River Tribe

Utger
Marro Stingers
Marro Drudge
Marro Warriors
Ne-Gok-Sa
Tor-Kul-Na
Sir Hawthorne
Zombies
Grimnak
Arrow Gruts
Blade Gruts
Tornak
Heavy Gruts

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thirty Five? This is going to be tough . . . .

Airborne Elite
Knights of Weston
Nilfheim
Raelin (SoM)
Sir Denrick
Sir Gilbert

Anubian Wolves
Arrow Gruts
Deathwalker 8000
Grimnak
Heavy Gruts
Krug
Marro Drones
Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
Mimring
Ne-Gok-Sa
Ornak
Swog Rider
Warden 816
Zombies

Syvarris
Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord

Agent Skahen
Laglor
Major Q10
Nakita Agents

Guilty McCreech
Kaemon Awa
Marcus
Ninjas of the North Wind
Roman Legionares
Tagawa Samurai

Granite Gaurdians

Unless my math is off that should be 35. There were alot of really tough cuts, but I think I could get by with this pool of figures . . . . Maybe . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; June 29th, 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: -Sonlen, +Ornak I just realized I had forgotten to include him
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:46 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Spoiler Alert!

Edit: 200 posts and that is 33 units
Old June 29th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm intrigued by this, especially if we're cutting it down to 35.
Aquilla 5 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Einar 8 units
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar 6 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Ullar 4 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar 7 Units
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar 5 units
Spoiler Alert!

Total: 35 Units

Hey Sparkle, any chance of getting a compilation in the first post or something?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; June 30th, 2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: This was surprising hard to reduce down from 50.
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

I'll have to think on this,
scaling down to 35 is still a bit limiting for me...as my collection has at least 2 of every fiqure and in some cases up to 20 squads(can we say zombies!)....
and I'm not including wave D2 in this.

but short list

hero's:
Q9
Q10
kaemon
Nilf
Zelrig
Charo's
Skahen
Isamu
Shiori
Mittens(aka Venoc Warlord)

Vipers
Snipers
Drow
Zombies
Gruts Archers
Heavy Orcs
Aubrien
blastatrons
Gladiatrons
Marro Drones
Stingers
Obsidian Guards

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm kinda shocked how balanced the Generals are working out to be. Aslo how many "Fun" figures are included.

I think the next game day I will limit the drafting to 35 cards based on my list (or maybe someone elses). A fresh way to play scape.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion