Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2015, 07:39 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Unreleased Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Hum, seeing as the snipers and repulsor has the same "omnicron" prefix, wouldn't the rule be :
  • a hero's name is a Greek letter plus "cron," while
  • a squad's name is "omnicron" followed by a "worker" functional term (like Snipers or Repulsors)?
Omnicrons would be the general name to refer to the whole "race" (omnicron, as in : all the "cron", all as in "alpha to omega" ), and some heroes of note had the honnor to be specifically nammed with a greek letter, to distinct them from the mass (while still being part of the omnicron).
Hmm, yes, I think you've got it, @Lyrgard . This is also reinforced by the fact that the common units' "worker name" is also their class (Omnicron Snipers are Snipers and Omnicron Repulsors are Repulsors).

So under your interpretation, the pattern would suggest that if Zetacron were common or uncommon he would have been called "Omnicron Scout," and if Omegacron were common or uncommon his name would've been "Omnicron Commander."

This also means instead of calling them all the 'Crons it actually makes sense to use Omnicrons to mean the entire lot of them, which has a much better ring.

That all makes perfect sense to me. Fits a clear pattern, and has the right sound, too.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 22nd, 2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: fixing obsolete image link
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:35 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
So under your interpretation, the pattern would suggest that if Zetacron were common or uncommon he would have been called "Omnicron Scout," and if Omegacron were common or uncommon his name would've been "Omnicron Commander."
Oh, there is a beauty in how it would have fit !
Old May 6th, 2015, 11:02 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

So if there were to be a new Jandar hero figure who was an all powerful, apocalyptic, biblical commander on a white horse, would He be called the Alpha-&-Omega-cron to fit into this pattern? . . . j/k . . . ~~lol~~

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 6th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I was curious, so I went through the Public Miniature information thread and checked on figures that have been confirmed but haven't hit playtesting yet - publicly, at least, and as far as I know. Here's a list:

Captain Salidar (2/27/12)
Verdant Reaver (12/4/12)
Jonah Hex (2/13/13)
Seven Deadly Brothers (2/13/13)
Iron Golem Juggernaut (9/2/13)
Native American Hunt Scene Setter [Archer] (11/18/13)
Twig Blight (11/24/13)
Blood of Gruumsh (3/30/14)
Stormrage Shambler (7/14/14)
Shang-Chi (2/16/15)
Air Elemental (3/5/15)

Things I noticed:

- There are three "wood elemental" type units, one Unique (Shambler), one Uncommon (Reaver), one Common (Blight). Possible faction in development?
- There are two monks who have gone through playtesting, but two monk-type dudes (Brothers/Shang-Chi) are still waiting. The earlier monks are not in the current wave despite being done (maybe). Possible synergy?
- The Iron Golem Juggernaut seems to be the only unit that isn't A) part of a larger pack, B) part of a possible faction, or C) relatively recent.

Just for fun. Some interesting possibilities for future releases.
Old May 29th, 2015, 03:37 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Deltacron (?)
Would I be correct in guessing Deltacron uses one of the figures from the Deathcommander/Major J15 robot box?

The only other thing I can think of is re-releasing a card for Omegacron's figure...

Last edited by CrazyTankster; May 29th, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old May 29th, 2015, 04:37 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Sorry for the double post, but if anyone is looking for the Dungeon Command: Blood of Gruumsh box I found it today for $26.60 + shipping (free shipping over $35 or with prime, blah blah blah on Amazon. Ebay wanted $40+ for it, and the individual figures were outrageously priced. Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone looking for it, or who had been thinking about getting it but wishing they could afford it... (like me)

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Comman...rhf_dp_p_img_8
Old May 29th, 2015, 04:57 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

I may have a second copy that I bought when they were on clearance at Barnes & Noble...
Old June 13th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Currently in testing:

Olorin - Ullar - (Unique hero)
Stormrage Shambler or the Owlbear from Blood of Gruumsh box?

Marutuk - Valkrill (Unique Hero)
Bluespawn Godslayer

Breach - Vydar (Unique Hero)
Iron Golem Juggernaut?

Deltacron - Jandar (Unique Hero)
One of the remaining Mechs from Solaris VII Heavy-Class Action Pack,

Boreos - Jandar (Unique Hero)
#029 Air Elemental?

A couple of these I'm not to certain about. The Air elemental and Ullar Hero are not very clear. Nice to see more Jandar love.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 13th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I am very excited about some of the Jandar love currently in the pipeline. We haven't forgotten the good guys!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 14th, 2015, 03:59 AM

bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby! bellahdoll rolls all skulls baby!

I'll echo the support for Jandar- really pleased for more actually heroic heroes. One question though, if it isn't too much of a spoiler: does the Elemental Evil Air Elemental need multiples of the original common hero Air Elemental to function well? I only have one and would like an alert if I should be trying to get more.
Old June 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great!

Unfortunately, units slow down in Playtesting. After all, it's easy to have what *looks* like a good idea. The hard part is making sure.

Now, you may be wondering, "Is there something I can do that will both help speed up the next release and get me a sneak peek at what's in it, and beyond?"

Yes there is. PM @Taeblewalker or @superfrog to find out what you can do to help.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2015, 10:09 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I was curious, so I went through the Public Miniature information thread and checked on figures that have been confirmed but haven't hit playtesting yet - publicly, at least, and as far as I know. Here's a list:

Captain Salidar (2/27/12)
Verdant Reaver (12/4/12)
Jonah Hex (2/13/13)
Seven Deadly Brothers (2/13/13)
Iron Golem Juggernaut (9/2/13)
Native American Hunt Scene Setter [Archer] (11/18/13)
Twig Blight (11/24/13)
Blood of Gruumsh (3/30/14)
Stormrage Shambler (7/14/14)
Shang-Chi (2/16/15)
Air Elemental (3/5/15)

Things I noticed: <~...snip/snip...~>
Am I missing something or did the Confederate duo (that I expected to see released simultaneously with the 20th Maine Union troops) ... get skipped??

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs