Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 30th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That also means that one could climb down to a rung that is lower to the ground t than their height number and safely drop without any faking damage risk at all, right?
Wrong ... or capsocrates, was there a little sarcasm there and you meant the opposite?

There is an excellent thread about jumping off ladders, but start at the end of the thread and work through it backwards, since part of it was folks discussing it while waiting for a reply back from Hasbro.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...r=asc&start=90

It is basically about jumping off a ladder as a figure nears the bottom. Some thought you could circumvent the last rung or two (depending on figure height) by jumping off without taking falling damage. Turns out you can NOT skip the last rung or two. You must go all the way down and step on the landing space OR jump off the ladder at a high enough level that would impose the risk for falling damage.

In other words you can "fall" off a ladder but not "hop" off. In this sense the word "fall" has a very specific meaning: Moving down from a level high enough for the possibility of falling damage.

And from the above mentioned thread, here are the 2 posts with official answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrionXavier View Post
Well, I was wrong, and we have an answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor K., WotC
You would refer to the Master rules for falling in this case. The ladder is in the landing space hex, so when falling from the ladder, you can choose to fall into the landing space or any hex adjacent to the landing space. You are –not– restricted to falling only into the landing space. I hope that clears things up. Have fun and good gaming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukifu View Post
I did finally get an Official Response back from Trevor at WotC on the falling from ladders issue.

Just as a memory jog, the issue still being debated had to do with the rule in the book that said something like "You can't skip rungs unless you fall off a ladder," and whether that meant literally meant falling (with falling damage danger) or just stepping off from a safe height. Trevor's ruling came back with the literal interpretation version of things, not the more liberal version (that is, he says you must fall, not drop). He answered a few other related issues I threw in there as well. No mention of Craig in there, but they were checking into this for about 3 weeks.

Here's his email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WotC
Response (Trevor K.) 03/30/2007 09:40 AM
Hey there! So I've finally tracked down those answers for you. I've rewritten the questions with answers below to make it a bit clearer. Here you go:

Q: Can a figure fall off a ladder to a hex below if the drop is less than the figure’s height?

A: Hmm. Yes and No. Let me explain. A fall is described as moving down to a level equal to or higher than the figure’s height. (Master Set Rules Page 10). Per the Castle rules (page 6) Figures are not allowed to hop, or skip rungs unless they fall off a ladder. So in order to skip rungs, you must FALL off the ladder. To fall, the move down must be equal to or higher than the figures height. You cannot just skip down different rungs. You must count every rung possible when moving up or down unless you are falling, or stepping off of the ladder onto a hex (example 20 on page 6).

So:
Can a figure fall off a ladder? Yes, if it’s falling.
Can a figure fall off a ladder to a hex below if the drop is less than the figure’s height? No, because it’s not a “fall”.

And because this will be your next question:
What about figures that fly? Figures that can fly, leap, jump or have similar movement ignore this restriction.

Q: Since a figure can fall into a hex adjacent to the landing space when falling off the ladder, does that mean the figure can climb onto the ladder from one of those adjacent hexes?

A: Adjacent is different than Same-Level in regards to spaces.

If the space is on the same level as the landing space, you must count the landing space when moving onto the ladder (Example 25 on page 7).

If the space is on a different level than the landing space (see example 19 on page 6) you do not have to step on the landing space, or any spaces below that space you are standing on. You just have to move onto the same level ladder rung, or the one just above the level you are standing on. Again, see example 19 on page 6 for a clearer explanation, as the ladder rungs may not match the space you are standing on exactly.

Q: Does this mean that if an enemy figure is standing at the base of the ladder, my figures can’t climb up the ladder from that level?

A: Yes, it is blocked as if the opponent's figure is physically on the ladder. Your figure would not be able to climb the ladder, or it would have to find a higher adjacent space to move onto the ladder from.

Q: When falling from a ladder, does it cost a single movement point even if the figure falls into a hex adjacent to the landing space instead of the landing space?

A: Yes, falling costs one movement point even if your figure ends up in a hex adjacent to the landing space instead of the landing space.

Q: When a figure falls off a ladder that has nothing behind it (such as the ladders in examples 25 and 26 on page 7 of the Fortress of Archkyrie book) can the figure fall into the hex behind the ladder?

A: No. Since figures cannot move through ladders, as explained in example 25, the figures would not be able to fall through to the other side of the ladder either.

Sorry it took so long to get those answers for you, but I hope this clears everything up. Have fun and good gaming!
Edit: And if you're ready for more torture (I mean fun with ladders), just go back to January of 2012 on this very thread.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 31st, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Thanks Gary!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Thanks Gary!
Yeah.

:whoops:

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:20 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey scapers! Is there some sort of PDF generator for C3V cards like there is for the C3G cards?

I'd like to put 3 cards on each page that I print, instead of 1...
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent question. I don't *think* there is, but Lefton4ya did something for 3 per card, if I remember correctly.

The C3G has a tool that lets you pick any 3 cards and put them on one page? Am I understanding that correctly? Cool.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:23 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Excellent question. I don't *think* there is, but Lefton4ya did something for 3 per card, if I remember correctly.

The C3G has a tool that lets you pick any 3 cards and put them on one page? Am I understanding that correctly? Cool.
I've used that PDF generator before. It lets you pick only any 3 C3G cards though, unless I'm missing something that allows me to put the C3V cards in there?
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nope. It only works for c3g cards

--
--
--

--
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I figured. Sounds like something that might be doable, perhaps even by a determined fan. I have no idea what would be involved in replicating a tool like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 1st, 2014, 11:58 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah, only C3G cards for the PDF generator as of now. I think Snappleman was planning to expand it, but he's been too busy to update even the C3G side of it, much less add changes.
Old April 1st, 2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah, only C3G cards for the PDF generator as of now. I think Snappleman was planning to expand it, but he's been too busy to update even the C3G side of it, much less add changes.
Darn, so I have to do one card per page, no other neat tricks to even get two cards per page or something? Cut and paste, or cropping, or anything of the sort?

Do you all print one card per page and just suck it up?
Old April 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Darn, so I have to do one card per page, no other neat tricks to even get two cards per page or something? Cut and paste, or cropping, or anything of the sort?

Do you all print one card per page and just suck it up?
LeftOn4Ya has some compiled pdfs and even a tutorial on how to make your own.

--
--
--

--
Old April 1st, 2014, 04:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

VC Customs (C3V & SoV) 3/page PDF compilation:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
All C3V and SoV cards, compiled at 3/page. Includes Advanced and Basic sides and glyphs.
View online on Google Docs.

If you want to make your own set of 3 cards/page, see my thread Combine any 3 cards 3/page with GIMP Script-Fu.
I just printed the compilation myself last week and it worked great except Staples could not print double-sided on 80lb weight semi-gloss.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's