Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 17th, 2013, 11:16 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
VC (C3V & SoV), C3G, CUC, CUA 3/page PDF compilation

Here is all my PDF card compilations. Both Both C3v/Sov and C3G cards below includes Advanced and Basic sides and glyphs, and are attempted to be ordered in wave by type (Unique, Common, UnCommon), but SoV and Public/Exclusive cards are spread throughout to fill up space where there is some. View all my Heroscape files online on Google Docs.
Map/scenario PDF Compilations:Let me know of any errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Printing at home
  • You can print in GIMP, but make sure in the print dialog Image Settings has "Ignore Page Margins" set and it is 8.5*11.
  • You can also open the exported file in any image program or even Windows or Macs built-in photo viewer, and then print from that program, but make sure you do not crop/resize by unchecking boxes like "fit picture to frame" in print dialogs. Again, if after it prints, the edges gets cropped off, adjust the margins in the script dialog.
  • If you have a PDF printer installed, you can print the PNGs (exported/saved from GIMP] to PDF and it is better quality than GIMPs built-in one. Open an image/gallery program as above you can combine multiple pages to one PDF by printing multiple page PNGs at the same time. Google "Free PDF Printer [Windows/Mac]" if you need to. An more advanced but better way is if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro or Foxit Reader (free), you can just create a new PDF from combining the PNGs.
  • Buy 80-110 lb (144-240 gsm) semi-gloss vellum/index, preferably at 90-96 brightness. Glossy is fine but will might look too shiny compared to official cards, and cover is fine but might be too stiff compared to official cards. 50-75 lb (90-164 gsm) paper works OK, but won't be as thick as official cards. 115-160 lb (208-350 gsm) matches the thickest cards (Wave 2/3) but is much harder to both buy as well as print on. Sometimes paper is advertised as card-stock/poster/catalog paper as opposed to cover/vellum/index, but just look closely for the paper weight in lbs (different stiffness of paper have different lbs-index conversions).
  • For more tips, including more info on which paper to get and what printer is best, see Xorlof's card printing tips
Taking to printer (Staples, OfficeMax/OfficeDepot, UPS/FedEx office, or preferably local independent printshops):
  • Save/copy all pages you want to print in a root folder of a USB drive. It is recommended to print all the saved PNGs to one PDF - see bullet 3 above.
  • I highly recommend finding a local independent printshop over Stapes/CopyMax/UPS/FedEx for multiple reasons: They are cheaper (some have setup fee but if you print a bunch at a time they are always cheaper if you average per page), they have better quality paper and ink, they have printers and workers capable of printing double-sided, they are usually more friendly and care about the work, plus its always better to support the independents. If you do go, bring an official card in and ask to match the thickness and glossyness, as well as size. Always call ahead before going in, and you may be able to e-mail a file in.
  • If you must got to Office/Copy superstore, buy your own paper in the office part of the store then take to print part of the store and pint on your "own" paper. Paper costs less than $1 a page and printing on your own paper costs 50-60 cents/page, verses printing on printshop cardstock is $2 a page, so this saves at least 50 cents/page. Plus the printshop usually does not stock the best paper compared to the office part of a store.
  • Buy 80-110 lb (144-240 gsm) semi-gloss vellum/index, preferably at 90-96 brightness. Glossy is fine but will might look too shiny compared to official cards, and cover is fine but might be too stiff compared to official cards. 50-75 lb (90-164 gsm) paper works OK, but won't be as thick as official cards. 115-160 lb (208-350 gsm) matches the thickest cards (Wave 2/3) but is much harder to both buy as well as print on. Sometimes paper is advertised as card-stock/poster/catalog paper as opposed to cover/vellum/index, but just look closely for the paper weight in lbs (different stiffness of paper have different lbs-index conversions).
  • Make sure when they print they do not crop/resize by unchecking boxes like "fit picture to frame" or "fit to window" in print dialogs. In my experience, if you don't actually show them by watching them on the computer when printing, they do it wrong and the cards are slightly smaller and lower resolution than normal.
  • If double sided on cardstock, office stores all have issues, with printers jamming, paper shredding, and people working there too ignorant to know how to flip pages correctly. Some printers are incapable of doing double-sided on anything more than 54 lb weight, and each office store (even different stores of the same chain) has different printers. If you really want double sided you might need to shop around testing 1 page at a time, and again I highly recommend local print-shops over office stores, especially if you want double-sided.
  • Always ask to print one page first, check how it looks, then if it is good print the rest. Every one of my time I have been at an office copyshop it takes at least a couple pages to get right.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 12th, 2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Reformatted
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: VC Customs (C3V & SoV) 3/page PDF compilation

Sweet! Thanks alot lefton4ya!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 1st, 2014, 07:18 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I will update the newest wave of C3V (and the last SoV) into one PDF 3/page soon (next week sometime). I am planning on making a separate download, again separated by unique/common/uncommon.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:11 AM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Once you do that let me know cause this is awesome and so helpful for me! +rep
Old August 7th, 2014, 06:57 PM

C3V Wave 5 LODIN'S DISCORD (Wave 18) & SoV 2013-2014a. Where the last file left off, except you do not need to print the last page of figures from the previous download. I will combine these later.

Note, the order is not what I wanted, there are no bookmarks and embedded index, and the filesize is pretty large, but I'm using a free PDF plugin, and will have to update later once I get access to computer with adobe Acrobat Pro. The order is :
Page 1-2: C3V5-C-1A - Gorillitroopers Alternate Cards (optional to print)
Page 3-4: C3V5-C-1 - *Hoplitron, 8th Infantry Pathfinder, Gorillitroopers
Page 5-6: C3V5-C-2 - Bloodburst Thrall, Knights of Blackgaard, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep
Page 7-8: C3V5-U-1 - *Kantono Daishi, Azurite Warlord, Akumaken
Page 9-10: C3V5-U-2 - Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, Crypt Guardian, Ebon Armor
Page 11-12: C3V5-U-3 - Emperor Andask, Major J15, Rygarn
Page 13-14: C3V5-Un-1 - Crypt Guardian X 3
*SoV 2013 Inductees that were on my last compilation on pages 45-46. Eventually I will merge the files and delete duplicates.
Old June 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM

Added Wave 6 and added bookmarks and embedded index to my last PDF comiplation.

C3V Wave 5 Lodin's Discord (Wave 18) & C3V W6 Crevcor's Commission (wave 19) & SoV 2013-2015a. Where the last file left off, except you do not need to print the last page of figures from the previous download (SoV 2013 Inductees that were on my last compilation on pages 45-46.). I may combine these later. View in Google Docs.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 9th, 2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:36 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: VC (C3V & SoV), C3G, CUC, CUA 3/page PDF compilation

I've got a set of Artscow cards left, plus a bunch of extra common and uncommon heroes, and some extras. Let me know if anyone is interested in buying them. They are just sitting here doing nothing and I'd like to see them go to a good home!
Old February 21st, 2019, 09:55 AM

freakincampers Woo who?

Sorry to necro this, but how did you get the glyphs onto one page?
Old February 21st, 2019, 10:44 AM

That was manual using GIMP or Adobe Acrobat Pro to place images. I hopefully will update the C3V Compilation weekend.
Old January 19th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Any chance for an update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 20th, 2021, 04:21 PM

Yea sorry been way too long. I downloaded most cards but have yet to run my script or PDF magic. Hopefully this weekend, but no guarantee. Glyphs "sticker sheet" is the hardest as that was very manual, but maybe everything but them.
Old November 13th, 2021, 05:13 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a PDF for the official cards? Need to print a bunch of those

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards