Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 5th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Looking good.
I would not be a bit surprised to see this one on the front page some day.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 6th, 2016, 02:34 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have you made a definate choice on a general yet if so I will put up a 1st draft card later today.
Old July 6th, 2016, 12:30 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Have you made a definate choice on a general yet if so I will put up a 1st draft card later today.
I'm leaning towards Aquilla but I'm not dead set against Vydar. Since it's a group project I'd like to hear from other members on their thoughts. So far counting me and Confred we're at

Aquilla: 1
Vydar: 1

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 6th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could somebody post the Advanced Freerunning special power? And the current version of everything else for that matter.

"Gun Kata" is certainly a placeholder name, but one that could work if nothing better is found. It's basic definition is "martial arts that involves guns".
Allow me to share some thoughts: As is, this power could represent her disarming and then using the weapon she disarmed (which she does). It also represents her using a gun that she already has, but has chosen not to use in lieu of running, but due to being cornered, is using it as a part of her defensive maneuver (which she also does). To me, these to applicable definitions ascribe to "martial arts involving guns". As bonus, the second function justifies it triggering even on Vikings with swords.
Why +6 Range? To simply the card, matching Parkour Movement's +6 Height, and to nod to Vydar agents's 7 Range. If we keep this power, +4 Range is perfectly fine adjustment.

Aquilla; @McHotcakes I like your thoughts on this and I'd like to see a mock-up in Aquilla to see how it "feels"

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; July 6th, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old July 6th, 2016, 07:01 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On the general issue I too am leaning towards Aquilla. I am not on my CPU right now but if we can get the current wording up I will get card done later.
Old July 7th, 2016, 01:22 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Here's an updated version.

Faith Connors
Aquilla(for now)

Human
Unique Hero
Runner
Rebellious
Medium 4

Life 3
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

IMPROVED FREERUNNER
When counting spaces for Faith's movement, elevation changes of up to 3 levels count as 1 space. You may ignore Faith's height of 4 when climbing. Faith never takes falling damage and rolls 1 fewer die for major falling damage. Faith is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

COURIER
Before and after moving, you may move 1 Treasure Glyph from a friendly adjacent hero's Army Card to this card, and 1 Treasure Glyph from this card to an adjacent hero's card. Faith may move over and and pick up Treasure Glyphs without stopping.

COUNTER ATTACK?
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent small or medium figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. If Faith deals at least 1 wound with Counter Attack add 5 to her range until the end of the round.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:09 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We can scrap the Gun Fu mechanic and simply represent that aspect of the character with Disengage.?

By Range, you mean Move. Move 6 is good.

Rereading the Wiki, a momentum mechanic is mentioned.

Freerunning/ Improved Freerunning is a mess honestly.
I'm working on a cleanup in the very least for our Ezio. As for Faith, she should be able to leap. I'll start first with the base power and then explore options. I'm working on that now.

Last edited by Confred; July 7th, 2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 8th, 2016, 06:14 AM

Here is Faith on an Aquilla card (minus hit zone) and a suggestion for the whole taking guns away and using them. It only makes sense to add to her range if she does this against a figure that has a range greater than 1 (not countin special attacks)
Old July 8th, 2016, 03:13 PM

@JC McMinis
You're right on the range issue on Disarming Attack. I think I wrote that part in earlier in the thread but didn't include in the latest write up. I like the title you gave the power but I would change it to Disarming CounterAttack, instead of just Attack.

@Confred
I don't have a problem rebuilding Freerunner from the ground up if nobody else has any objections. Disengage should have been part of the power since the beginning.

Faith leaping over stuff is a power I had written up earlier but scrapped for the sake of keeping the card simple. If we redo Freerunner then we might be able to sneak it in there.

Freerunning
Faith is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Ignore Faith's height of 4 when climbing. When Faith starts to climb she may ignore the first 3 levels of elevation. Faith may climb over obstacles, such ruins, with a height of 6 or less? without stopping.

Possible leaping addition
After moving and instead of attacking with Faith, you may place Faith on any empty space within 2 spaces. Faith may not be placed on a space that is more than 3? levels above her height.

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 8th, 2016, 03:54 PM

I'm on phone and the power is more complex than it may seem, so I'll research when I'm at the PC.

What constitutes climbing? It's it only upward movement?
Does another card use that language?
If we do 'leap', I'd simply have it snugged in with the rest of the power.

Draft :
When moving, Faith may leap over decreases in elevation, is never attacked for leaving an engagement, and counts her height as 10.

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:44 PM

How about this based off what I did for my Flash. Taking into acount her move of six giving her double that for downward movement.

FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT
When counting spaces for Faith movement, ignore elevations. Faith may leap over water without stopping, leap over obstacles of height of 6 or less, and move through figures without becoming engaged. Faith may never move more than 6 levels up or 12 levels down in a single move. Faith does not take falling damage and rolls one less die for major falling damage.

Note: I am leaving tomorrow for my vacation and will not be back to my cpu until the 19th. I will still be able to access the site via my phone and will keep commenting but the final card will have to wait til I return.

Last edited by JC McMinis; July 9th, 2016 at 03:37 AM.
Old July 13th, 2016, 09:51 PM

Let's break it down, in no particular order,

She climbs (over obstacles)
She is short so we don't want height rules interfering
She jumps over gaps from buildings to buildings

When running well enough, the badguys seem to miss with their bullets

When cornered she can wriggle herself out, while inflicting some hurt

She is expressively not a combatant and moving around should be her primary function.

Limited Glyph transfers to 1 at a time makes sense because it would require her to relay more.

In source, momentum is a key element and the use of guns and weapons slows her down and reduces her momentum.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum