Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: City Streets - C3G Map by Taeblewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

I really need you to slow down on your ideas. I know you are anxious to create lots of new ideas, but right now we need to focus on just building maps... without the special rules, glyphs, predetermined armies, DOs, etc. OK? C3G is all about organization and process, if you want to speed up the process for DO rules, you can contribute to that thread, this just isn't the time or place to try and implement them here.

Okay. I was just trying to balance the map and start zones, but I see your point. I will leave it at the Raelin statue, as written. The reason I had two versions up was to let people compare the single- versus double-wide ledges, but I'll stick with one version for now. I'll post a cleaner version shortly.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Cool.

There is definitely wiggle room in the near future for us to have a house rule, glyph, etc, but for now we should probably just focus on kicking out some maps. Eventually, and I mean within a week or two, I am going to get us access to put up scenarios in Ala Cart. I am confident that I could accomplish that now, but I want us to do some good work first, then ask the Mainframe for more authority and access.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I reduced it to one map. The pic in the first post is slightly old - check out the new start zones and the widened side street. The Raelin Statue still gives +1 defense and is a destructible object, but it can't be carried now. Let me know if this is still too scenario-ish for this thread.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I reduced it to one map. The pic in the first post is slightly old - check out the new start zones and the widened side street. The Raelin Statue still gives +1 defense and is a destructible object, but it can't be carried now. Let me know if this is still too scenario-ish for this thread.
I like the widened street and the enclosed warehouse. I don't like the start zones at all - way too close. Go back to the old start zone, it was just fine. Raelin having a +1 defense is a special rule and is doable, although I don't think that it is necessary. Having Raelin as a DO is not ideal to me. I would rather hold off on us trying to create and squeeze in DOs, until C3G has some for us to choose from, but if you think that it is absolutely necessary... I can support and defend it.
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM

I'm willing to take away the raelin rule entirely, and just leave her as a LOS blocker statue.

As for the new start zones, I was trying to mix it up a bit, but I suppose it's better to have them on separate ends, and to wait for a specific scenario to get fancy with the start zones.

Other than removing Raelin's magic, and changing the start zones back, is there any need for anything else? Perhaps some higher elevation at the end of the long street opposite the park?

Old February 27th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I'm willing to take away the raelin rule entirely, and just leave her as a LOS blocker statue.

As for the new start zones, I was trying to mix it up a bit, but I suppose it's better to have them on separate ends, and to wait for a specific scenario to get fancy with the start zones.

Other than removing Raelin's magic, and changing the start zones back, is there any need for anything else? Perhaps some higher elevation at the end of the long street opposite the park?
Honestly, I think we just need two of us to physically build the map, and as long as everything looks good, we can go ahead and post it up on the C3G Books of Index thread.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM

I am currently building this map in VS. There are a few accidents I believe. Like a wall near the ware house is a corner when it should be straight, and there is a wall stacked on another wall on level 5. Could you please upload a VS file? It would make this editing process soooo much easier.
Old February 27th, 2010, 04:57 PM

City Streets

Here it is in VS.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; February 28th, 2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old February 27th, 2010, 05:13 PM

Thanks. The funny thing is I just got finished building it in my VS. It really looks good too. Lets just scratch all start zones for now, replace that corner wall by the warehouse with what should be a straight wall, and if you don't mind, replace the 7 hex concrete piece behind the warehouse with two double concrete pieces (that way a trapped figure in a scenario couldn't shoot or be shot from a figure on the wall.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:38 AM

I updated the VS file by fixing the wall section, replacing the 7-hex concrete with 2 double hexers behind the warehouh, and removing the start zones and the glyph.

Old February 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM

Excellent work! I went ahead and added a new picture to the front page.

As soon as one of us gets a chance to set this one up, I am ready to vote to pass it on to being finalized.
Old February 28th, 2010, 07:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I have been looking this over & would like to suggest the following small changes:
  • Level added below warehouse to bring it up the same height above the street as the surrounding walls.
  • Warehouse base piece used on level 2 in place of the grass tile that are exposed & a double grass hex on level 1 to support this piece completely - this will continue the aesthetic look of the concrete gutters.
  • Remove the road pieces under wall & replace with concrete tiles - this (with the next dot point) will help lessen the requirement to use the Road set.
  • Remove the road pieces of the fountain & replace with castle floor tiles - reason as per dot point above - this will leave only the trees required from the Road set & they can be replaced home made trees or even left out as they only add to the aesthetics. But I'm not saying to leave the trees out of the map just that a person creating it would have the option to still build the map without the Road set.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library