Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 18th, 2022, 05:58 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Heroquest also only needed to raise half as much and had more exciting exclusive stuff, IMO.
And it got to almost $4 mil.
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Heroquest also only needed to raise half as much and had more exciting exclusive stuff, IMO.
And it got to almost $4 mil.
Sure. Momentum really helps and hitting the backing goal in the first week to make it a "sure thing" is a momentum-builder.

But even that didn't actually get to $4 mil, and $4 mil is what we need.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2022, 06:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

They do address this in an interview released today

I keep inferring that part of the structure that we're seeing here has to do with constraints that Hasbro gave them, though they don't actually say that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 18th, 2022 at 06:37 PM.
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, I don't think anyone who's commenting on how the structure is ineffective is pointing blame at one party or the other for it. I guess I'm glad AH has an alibi, but it doesn't change the effectiveness of the campaign itself.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 18th, 2022, 06:45 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

For a sec I thought that was your video @caps , and I was going to compliment you on your radio voice.

I wonder how successful (or doable) a simple structure like this would have been:

1) All In Level - $250
2) Figures and Accessories (Dice, Wound Markers, etc...) Only Level - $???
3) Terrain Only Level - $???
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:57 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Also, I would like to point out that HQ was out of print way longer than Heroscape. It was an international product that has more global recognition than Heroscape, and it’s fan base is older and has even larger spending power. HeroQuest is far easier to produce, I mean there are probably a few more advantages it had when it went to Haslab. There apparently were numerous deals already established for mainstream retail outlets to carry exclusive content such as GameStops Knight hero.

This all lends to the fanfare surrounding the campaign. HeroQuest is just way more recognizable/known, and easier to market and manufacture.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:58 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

HQ is HS's granddaddy, after all.
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:01 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
For a sec I thought that was your video @caps , and I was going to compliment you on your radio voice.

I wonder how successful (or doable) a simple structure like this would have been:

1) All In Level - $250
I understand that they're trying to bring back Heroscape en masse and to move into a new age of scapey goodness means having smaller tiers would not have got them the backing required.

This means your number 2 and 3 would not have succeeded as smaller tiers...so why not offer more as larger tiers?
I get that saying for an extra $30 buck have inscribed dice, different general colored order/wound markers may have worked...And for another $30 here's some shadow, ice and lava tiles.

I understand the dollar business side of the whole thing...where's the marketing?

Has Haslab been updated yet? Or is that a we have 'till midnight on the west coast ideology?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 18th, 2022 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Still trying to be positive but find myself failing.
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:23 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:

1) All In Level - $250
I understand that they're trying to bring back Heroscape en masse and to move into a new age of scapey goodness means having smaller tiers would not have got them the backing required.

This means your number 2 and 3 would not have succeeded as smaller tiers...so why not offer more as larger tiers?
I don’t understand this logic. You want en masse support but higher tiers? Like 4000 backers at $500 each?

We know there are some spending this much and more here but why would you not want to draw in some of the low hanging fruit too? Families that want to play with their kids but don’t drop hundreds of dollars all at once for a game? People who already have a large collection that don’t want another storage bin of terrain?

Yes, you will need to find more backers with a lower tier, but that’s more feasible when you’re not turning people off immediately with a $250 price tag.

I’ll stop now.
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
HQ is HS's granddaddy, after all.
Yes, and it’s a big reason why I am a fan of HeroScape. I even mention it in my blog at the Heroscape 10 year mark:

https://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=2450

I wonder if Haslab uses email marketing. If they haven’t sent an advert to all the HeroQuest backers, expressing the virtues and connection of Heroscape, they are really missing out. These fans are cut from the same cloth.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:27 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:

1) All In Level - $250

I don’t understand this logic. You want en masse support but higher tiers? Like 4000 backers at $500 each?

We know there are some spending this much and more here but why would you not want to draw in some of the low hanging fruit too? Families that want to play with their kids but don’t drop hundreds of dollars all at once for a game? People who already have a large collection that don’t want another storage bin of terrain?

Yes, you will need to find more backers with a lower tier, but that’s more feasible when you’re not turning people off immediately with a $250 price tag.

I’ll stop now.
We need an exclusive dead horse unit now. No attack, no movement, but with high defense and life that can take a beating. Give it a defense ability where if it's attacked multiple times in the same turn, normal or special, it has -1 defense die on the first attack, +1 defense die on the second attack, +2 on the third, etc. It'll give an advantage to single attack heroes and on making my joke work.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 18th, 2022, 07:53 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
We need an exclusive dead horse unit now. No attack, no movement, but with high defense and life that can take a beating. Give it a defense ability where if it's attacked multiple times in the same turn, normal or special, it has -1 defense die on the first attack, +1 defense die on the second attack, +2 on the third, etc. It'll give an advantage to single attack heroes and on making my joke work.
Destructible Object.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion