Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 20th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: Stinger Denial

I can understand the whole "do anything to win", but that should only be done with Friends. To do Stinger Denial in a tourney is to far. Everyone gets an equal chance to win. I have never been to one, but I get the idea behind them.

P.S. personally, I don't "do any cheap thing to win" at all. I play with the fairness my units provide.

P.P.S. just my two cents .
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:33 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well I have well over 2 cents invested in this thread. I am just amazed that the majority of the heroscapers that post on this thread thinks it is cheap or even dishonest move! That never crossed my mind....it was and always will be part of the stradegy using Stingers. As I've said before it does not come up often and I can't say it determines who wins.

My point there is more than one way to look at this.... again I think it is worse sportsmanship to move your opponents figure to fit on the hex.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old June 22nd, 2016, 09:57 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Talking Re: Stinger Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Well I have well over 2 cents invested in this thread. I am just amazed that the majority of the heroscapers that post on this thread thinks it is cheap or even dishonest move! That never crossed my mind....it was and always will be part of the stradegy using Stingers. As I've said before it does not come up often and I can't say it determines who wins.

My point there is more than one way to look at this.... again I think it is worse sportsmanship to move your opponents figure to fit on the hex.
I see a new light now. And I now I understand it better. Is it dishonest? No. Could it be considered cheap? Yes, by some. But those people need to loosen up. Tis only a game after all.

Don't get mad at someone for coming up with something you didn't people!! It makes sour player's.

~AE5 whose main opponent can get sour.
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

This scene pops into my head every time Codeman has posted in here over the years:

Old June 24th, 2016, 01:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post

Yeah, I don't understand why it's a big deal to so many people.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It just comes down to how competitive you are.
Some people value fun and the enjoyment of the game over abusing what was almost surely an oversight for the figures in question.

If you can get one post from the designers that says the Stingers were made so they could deny hexes and they were playtested and costed with that in mind, I will rescind all my posts and thoughts on the subject.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 24th, 2016, 01:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
It just comes down to how competitive you are.
Some people value fun and the enjoyment of the game over abusing what was almost surely an oversight for the figures in question.

If you can get one post from the designers that says the Stingers were made so they could deny hexes and they were playtested and costed with that in mind, I will rescind all my posts and thoughts on the subject.
I just don't see it as abuse or bad faith or any of that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you think the Stingers were designed, playtested and costed for hex denial?

If no, then you are choosing to exploit a loophole.

If yes, then I would love to see proof as it seems highly unlikely.

That is all.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think it tends to be about thwarted expectations more than anything else. People who wouldn't play that way expect others wouldn't play that way. People who would play that way expect everyone should be comfortable playing that way and no one should object. It is through not having those expectations met that the unhappiness enters.

I think one reason people want some sort of "official ruling" is that it would allow them to modify their expectations without having to change their belief about the way it "should work".

~Aldin, the doctor is |in|

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 24th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Thumbs up Re: Stinger Denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I think it tends to be about thwarted expectations more than anything else. People who wouldn't play that way expect others wouldn't play that way. People who would play that way expect everyone should be comfortable playing that way and no one should object. It is through not having those expectations met that the unhappiness enters.

I think one reason people want some sort of "official ruling" is that it would allow them to modify their expectations without having to change their belief about the way it "should work".

~Aldin, the doctor is |in|
Very well said.
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:11 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I don't necessarily consider it "cheap", but I don't believe it to be in the spirit of the game. If you want to do it, go ahead, but I won't do it to you back. I know it really doesn't have much of an effect on the game. (And with enough ka-jiggering, your figure could probably fit.)

I don't support it at all, but if you use it I won't flip the table or anything. Just sigh and get it over with. Hopefully it won't come up in-game, but who knows?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Hopefully it won't come up in-game, but who knows?
I know.

It won't.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 24th, 2016 at 04:15 PM. Reason: well, ok, in my experience. having run and/or played hundreds of games involving a zillion players.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles