Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old September 19th, 2011, 09:55 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Halloween Custom Contest

Welcome to the first of the Holiday Custom Series of contests!

The polls are up! Don't miss your chance to pick the winner.

Poll A

Poll B

Poll C

Poll D

These polls will be open until Oct. 26th
______________________________________________________________________ ________

The series will include seven separate contests if the interest remains. One contest for each of the more major holidays:
1. Halloween
2. Thanksgiving
3. Christmas
4. St. Valentine's Day
5. St. Patrick's Day
6. Easter
7. The 4th of July

These contests aren't just about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it. These contests are about taking a figure and coming up with some cool powers for it that scream out the theme of the holiday it is based on. Cool powers won't win these contests if the powers have nothing to do with the theme of the holiday.

General Rules
1. In order for your submission to be eligible you must follow all Rules and Guidelines and submit your entry by the due date.
2. Once you have PMd your entry to me, it is your final submission unless you include a note asking for help.
3. No more than one entry per participant. If you do create more than one entry, you will be responsible to choose which one you wish to submit.
4. You may not submit a unit created within 3 months of a particular contest's announcement and/or is presently posted publicly on heroscapers.com
5. You may not post your entry on heroscapers.com or reveal who the designer is of a particular entry until after the winner has been announced.
6. All entries must be reasonably compatible with the Heroscape battle system.
7. Most importantly- have fun creating your holiday custom!

Submission Guidelines
1. All submissions must follow all guidelines and not be in violation of the rules of this forum.
2. The entry must use the figure provided for that contest.
3. Sorry, text only entries will not be considered. Each entry must be reasonably similar in appearance and format to the official Heroscape cards. If creating a card is beyond what you are able to d at the moment, we have many generous customs creators as part of this community willing to help you.
4. PM the entry to me. The PM must be titled: (Insert holiday name here) Custom Contest/ (insert screen name here)
5. It is very much preferred that submitted entries be in .jpg format

Winning
After the initial deadline for sumittig entries, all entries that meet the requirements will (if necessary) be divided into as even as possible groups and be placed in separate polls. If more than one poll is necessary, the winner of each poll will be placed into a finalists poll. Whoever wins this poll will be declared the contest's winner.

Prize
Andrew of Auggies has graciously and awesomely donated a $25 gift certificate to the winner of each contest!

Voting
When you vote in the poll, try to keep these things in mind (in order of personal importance for the purpose of these contests):
1. Does the entry bring out the theme of the holiday?
2. Is the entry reasonably compatible with official HS game mechanics and rules?
3. Does the entry seem balanced pointwise?
4. Is the wording of the powers reasonably compatible with official wording?

This contest:
Halloween!

The figure used for this contest is the Knight of Autumn Gate from the Dreamblade Base Set.

He is Size Medium 5 (same size as an Omnicron Sniper)
Your custom does not have to be named Knight of Autumn Gate.
Remember to do your best to bring out the theme and atmosphere of Halloween with your custom.

Submission Deadline
All entries for this contest must be received by me by PM by Midnight, October 20th.

Appropriate polls will be posted beginning October 22nd to close October 30th. The winner will be announced on October 31st.

Prize
The winner of the Halloween Customs Contest will receive a $25 gift certifcate donated by Auggies. and receive the user title "Halloween Customs Champion"

PNG files for card creation
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Lamaclown; October 21st, 2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Added link to Auggies
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Halloween Custom Contest

This is awesome Lama, now I have something to think about during my commute time.

-insert signature here-
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I already have an idea, this should be fun!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I've got ideas bouncing around in my head. Looking forward to nutting something out.
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The pumpkin headed dude looks awesome, lamaclown. Awesome choice for Halloween

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Awesome figure! I will get started asap on him.

Hmm... what awesome powers should I use?
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm thinking this as a custom for old pumpkin head:

Rudolph Claus
<insert stats>

Any tips?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Could we get a hit zone area with his head only being red? I'm exploring possibilities.

Thanks!
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Could we get a hit zone area with his head only being red? I'm exploring possibilities.

Thanks!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great choice LC. I actually have this figure..gonna have to put on my thinking cap.
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post

Thanks!
Thanks robb!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games