Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 28th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Superheroes - Quicksilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
We'd like a little help with Quicksilver. As I've mentioned we want our cards to work with our ITF rules as well as our buildings. Our one story buildings are 6 levels high. So a two story building would be 12 levels high. So, if Quicksilver is standing right next to a two story building at the start of his turn, and he doesn't attack, he can add 3 to his move of 10 giving him a 13. Since he ignores height restrictions when moving he can run up the 12 levels and end his movement (with movement point 13) on a hex on the roof. So that's the way it works.

The question is: Is the SA worded correctly? Or is there a better way to say it? We are mainly worried about the text in bold.

ACCELERATED MOVEMENT
Quicksilver may ignore height restrictions when moving and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Quicksilver gives up his attack during his turn he may add 3 to his move number.
I would probably word it: If Quicksilver does not attack this turn, he may add 3 to his move.
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
We'd like a little help with Quicksilver. As I've mentioned we want our cards to work with our ITF rules as well as our buildings. Our one story buildings are 6 levels high. So a two story building would be 12 levels high. So, if Quicksilver is standing right next to a two story building at the start of his turn, and he doesn't attack, he can add 3 to his move of 10 giving him a 13. Since he ignores height restrictions when moving he can run up the 12 levels and end his movement (with movement point 13) on a hex on the roof. So that's the way it works.

The question is: Is the SA worded correctly? Or is there a better way to say it? We are mainly worried about the text in bold.

ACCELERATED MOVEMENT
Quicksilver may ignore height restrictions when moving and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Quicksilver gives up his attack during his turn he may add 3 to his move number.
I would probably word it: If Quicksilver does not attack this turn, he may add 3 to his move.
Thanks for the suggestion. We did try that wording. But does that imply he moves, then he doesn't attack, then he moves the additional 3? In that case he can't run up the building. That's the tricky part.

Then again I'm probably just over analyzing it and you are correct. I'll see if anyone else chimes in here with a better suggestion. Otherwise I'll probably alter the card to what you've suggested. Thanks.
Old October 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about:

Before moving Quicksilver may increase his Move number by 3, but if he does he can not attack this turn.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Just updated the card. I went with a modified version of what Cavalier suggested, which is close to what we originally had before we started doubting ourselves. Thanks!

And good to see you here Cavalier!
Old October 28th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Just updated the card. I went with a modified version of what Cavalier suggested, which is close to what we originally had before we started doubting ourselves. Thanks!

And good to see you here Cavalier!
Nice to be back

and great job on your customs, as always!
Old October 28th, 2014, 11:45 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

You could just go with the official wording from Brave Arrow's tracking, it's the same power basically.

While moving, Brave Arrow may add 2 to his move number. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 28th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
You could just go with the official wording from Brave Arrow's tracking, it's the same power basically.

While moving, Brave Arrow may add 2 to his move number. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.
Bingo. That's it. I knew there was an official power that was similar. Card updated.

Thanks Soundwarp SG-1!
Old October 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

These cards are looking great. I am really going to have to give them a try as my group really enjoyed using your ITF rules, elevators, and skyscrapers.

I look forward to seeing more of your Age of Ultron designs.
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Titleless

Spider-Man

Notes:
Spider-Man is a Heroclix figure.

It's about time this guy got the Grishnakh treatment!

Spring-boarding from the original MarvelScape card our version of
Spider-Man is a bit more powerful (mainly so he can pick up huge
trucks and to match some of our previously posted supers).
Plus our Spider-Man can take full advantage of our custom buildings
and Interactive Terrain Features (ITF) - by climbing on them.
You know: "Does whatever a spider can…."

Finish him up with Swing Line, Spider-Sense and his
Web-Slinging (not a SA this time around) and you've
pretty much got the character. Now you only have to
supply the snappy dialogue when you play him!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...riginal=1&c=10

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...riginal=1&c=10

Last edited by Grishnakh; October 29th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Superheroes - Spider-Man

Can he use Web Slinger to move an adjacent figure into a different adjacent space?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 29th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Can he use Web Slinger to move an adjacent figure into a different adjacent space?
Yes. He sort of whips the figure around him with his webbing. Great for lava.
Old October 29th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Titleless

And by the way, we use poster tack to allow figures to stand on objects such as oil tankers and cars. For a while we experimented with having Spider-Man to actually be placed on the side of a building using the poster tack. However it caused all kinds of problems, chiefly since he could just camp there if he faced non-ranged opponents. Plus the miniature just wouldn't stay put, the poster tack would give out after a while. Oh well, the Wall-Crawling SA basically achieves the same thing. It would have been cool though…...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations