Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 16th, 2010, 02:07 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Human Torch - Design Phase

Yea

I'm going to have to build that Platforms 5 and 6 map... It seems like a fun one.
Old July 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Yea

I'm going to have to build that Platforms 5 and 6 map... It seems like a fun one.
Easily my favorite map for the past 3 months, and it is a C3G map at that.
Old July 16th, 2010, 03:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Yea

It's a great map and I enjoy the heck out of it. That said, when I do testing, I don't really like to use it with a ranged flyer vs. a ground-walking melee only unit for HH tests or squad tests. I also wouldn't have test GL's vs. Steamroller army on it either. But it's great for testing similar units on and Army Tests with mixed units that have similar access to things.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Yea

It's a great map and I enjoy the heck out of it. That said, when I do testing, I don't really like to use it with a ranged flyer vs. a ground-walking melee only unit for HH tests or squad tests. I also wouldn't have test GL's vs. Steamroller army on it either. But it's great for testing similar units on and Army Tests with mixed units that have similar access to things.
I am not sure if you are aware or not, but the pillars are capped by rocks, so no one can land up there. I only say this because Bats overlooked that when he built the map, and I wanted to make sure you didn't do the same. With that said however, I have considered (and have tested it) putting the Boom Tube right in the center of that little circle of battlements in the center of the map on the ground.
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

No, I know the pillars have rocks on top, though I didn't put them up there as it doesn't look good and is kind of a waste of time. But I never have used them for figures.

I know non-flyer/leaper/grappler/swingers can climb ladders to get to height, but it takes so long compared to a flyer with a move of 6, 7, 8 or 9 and when the flyer has a ranged attack, they can take apart a melee/ground moving only figure w/o really getting in much danger.

Old July 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Deadpool did a lot of damage on that map for me despite lacking flying (but he's a bit of a beast, so he might be an exception).

P.S. Still waiting on votes from GreyOwl, Necro, and Spidey!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 16th, 2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old July 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This one actually passed into the ERB phase yesterday! I'll have to send stuff out for it soon.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM

Re: Human Torch - ERB Phase

First ERB response is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970
Hi Bats!
I´m very happy that you´re doing the Fantastic Four, and honoured to have a crack at ERB´ing one of them.

The FF have always been my favourite superteam/dysfunctional family/inter-dimensional adventurers.

Stats seem fair, balanced and reasonable, and I can´t wait to see what kind of Adventurer synergies you come up with...

I don´t quite know about Cocky for his personality, but have no alternatives to offer...

When boiling down Human Torch to pure Heroscape essence, 2 powers, in my humble oppinion, are essential, a Flame On! attack, and some sort of Supernova attack, so good call!

I´m concerned though, that both special attacks are harmfull, or potentially harmfull to Torch.
For Flame On, it doesn´t seem quite right that it´s a power he uses when he flies away from his enemies, and since he doesn´t have stealth flight, there´s a big risk for disengagement attacks when it´s most tempting to use the power, ie when surrounded by several opponents.
I would suggest a more offensive/aggressive power, maybe something like this:

FLAME ON!
After Human Torch moves with his Flying special power, you may roll the 20-sided die once for each opponent's figure that Human Torch passed over. On a roll of 10(?) or more, that figure receives two(?) wounds.
Your Flame On power could potentially affect up to 6 figures, this version a maximum of 5.

I love the Supernova attack, very powerfull! (as it should be!) However, I think the punishment for using it is too severe, as Johnny-boy is effectively out of the game. In the comics, he´s burnt out(!) after going supernova, but he always comes back. How about something like:

SUPERNOVA SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 8.
All figures within 4 spaces of Human Torch are affected by Supernova Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Supernova Special Attack. Human Torch may only use Supernova Special Attack once per game. After using Supernova Special Attack, remove any unrevealed order markers on this card. You may not place any new order markers on this card for the next round.
This would take him out, leave him vulnerable, but with the possibility of coming back in the game.
If you don´t change anything about the power mechanics, I still think the wording about negating powers is a bit off, and think this would sound more Heroscape´ish:
SUPERNOVA SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 8.
All figures within 4 spaces of Human Torch are affected by Supernova Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Supernova Special Attack. After using Supernova Special Attack, you can no longer use any special abilities on this card, and Human Torch´s range is reduced to 1 for the entire game.

I know this is a small thing, and too fiddly to habdle, but I have to say it... Since the Lava resistance is mentioned in both special attacks, technically any figure with Lava resistance should be imune to, at least, non-adjacent normal attacks from ol´ Torchie, as those are clearly firebased. And I do believe no other figure ever made takes this kind of technicality into account... like I said, just had to mention it...

Hope there´s something usefull for you here, and as always, keep up the good work!
Definitely some stuff we've talked about in here.
I definitely think "cocky" fits what I know of the character, but if anyone can think of anything better, let me know. Arrogant doesn't quite do it, because I don't think he's mean spirited about it. He just happens to think a lot of himself and what he can do with his powers.
As I replied to Deathwalker, Adventurer synergies aplenty for this guy, and that's one reason we put so much risk into these risk/reward powers for him.
Griff will probably feel vindicated reading what he wrote about Flame On, but I personally still prefer the version we have on the front page and know that we already voted to go this direction, so there'd have to be a fairly significant change of attitude around here to shift it at this point, I think. Also, does he need to have a power letting him affect that many figures at once given his current synergies with the Fan Four?
As for Supernova, I kind of like what he has there, but I think Human Torch would be too powerful if he could just dive bomb startzones every game with no real penalty to him (removing OMs doesn't matter if it's the third OM of the round). I think, for the sake of balance, I prefer the current version.
Anyway, let me know what you think!

Old July 19th, 2010, 04:07 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

DW has thought about it at least, but yeah I agree completely with you bats. The only other personalities that I can think of that fit would be Brash or Reckless.

Cheers
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

I think he's fine as he is.

Nova has too much power potential to be used more than once in a game, just like Thor's God of Thunder Strike. Sure he can call lightning down more than once in the comics and animated movies, but that's not the direction we're going with these devastating type powers.

To the point of Lava Resistant figures being affected by his normal attack, well that can be said about many units out there or will be out there that have that issue. Some flexibility is needed for gameplay, space on cards and not having to retcon previous work.

He's got a ranged attack of 4 plus flying, so his Flame On doesn't have to be his staple attack, as in all the time. He can choose when to take the risk to use it, like GL's take the risk when they choose to not waste a battery marker for a shield and whiff on defense and die. Risk and decisions are fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library