Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:36 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Darling Panzer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
They really need to post examples of the master side version of the cards since the examples they posted look dreadful.
They do.

Another thing I don't like is the full figure isn't even showing on the card. So if one is trying to paint the same as what is "canon", you can't follow the entire design...
I think this is only because of the basic side being shown.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:39 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder what squad(s) will have multiple lives? I'm gonna assume off the bat that the ones that will will all be 2 lifers, and based off that assumption I'm guessing the Frostclaw Paladins, Dreadnauts of New Tortuga, and god forbid the Festering Honor Guard (that name is an oxymoron btw). If they have more than two lives then I'm hoping its all going to the polar bears, but I'd like to know what y'all think!
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So what is "laur?" At the end the offering lists "laur wall sections" "laur tree," and "laur bush" terrain. We wonders, yes we does.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:08 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
They really need to post examples of the master side version of the cards since the examples they posted look dreadful.
They do.

Another thing I don't like is the full figure isn't even showing on the card. So if one is trying to paint the same as what is "canon", you can't follow the entire design...
I would expect them to release the full color renders online too - like they did with Vane and Dorim

crab?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:11 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

The Wave 2.5 large figure pack, with Charos and DW 8000? It's called Heroes of Laur. Laur is the North-Central territory on our Map of Valhalla. I didn't remember it either, until someone mentioned it in the Discord yesterday.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
So what is "laur?" At the end the offering lists "laur wall sections" "laur tree," and "laur bush" terrain. We wonders, yes we does.
Its an area in Valhalla from the lore. There was a large heroes expansion (Orm's Return) called "Heroes of Laur."
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I don’t like it but the more I think about it, I don’t believe we will get full card previews unless it funds.

If it doesn’t fund and they show stats, then they gave away the milk for free.

It also feels like it is falling to ‘scapers to truly get the word out. I have no idea if the below does affect hotness but it certainly can’t hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
I said this in a post earlier, but we should all make it a goal to get Heroscape: Age of Annihilation trending on Boardgamegeek's Hotness list. It is not uncommon to see projects trending high on the list for games that are not released yet due to Kickstarters that are running. And even getting it low on the list will at least get it 'visible' to a lot of old Heroscape fans--and just board game fans in general--who have no clue that Heroscape is being revived. And then hopefully that will start a chain reaction to boost it up the Hotness List even more! Since you asked, here's some things everyone can do:

1. Go to the game's home page on BGG. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...e-annihilation
    • simply by going there you are helping the algorithm know that people are showing an interest, even if you are not logged in as a user. Good job, you helped out!
  2. Log in as a user. If you don't have a user account, it just takes a minute. And why wouldn't you have a user account -- what, you don't like board games?
  3. Like and subscribe. Just like youtube. On the game's main page on BGG, there is a heart button and a subscribe button right on each (I've never used those previously, but in this case, I'll do it)
  4. Add it to your collection as Owned or Wishlist. And you don't have to rate it yet, but you could add a comment such as "backed the crowdfunding campaign" or "excited to get this" if, in fact, you are.
  5. Make some posts in the forums. If you scroll down a bit on the game's home page, you can ask some questions or just post in the threads.
    • Craig or Chris (Encarmine) would be really smart to be answering a bunch of questions over there, and also posting a lot of photos of what's being offered.
    • I'm convinced that if all of the heroscapers who had posted in this very thread (157 pages as I type this) had instead been posted over there, Age of Annihilation would already be #1 on the Hotness list. Most games with Kickstarter campaigns don't have the benefit of already having a nice website with forums (like Heroscapers.com), so they post over at BGG. In this specific case, it may unintentionally be hurting our cause because it is not drawing the attention of new eyeballs, which seems to be what a lot of the Avalon Hill marketing and design plan has been about so far. (If it was just for old fans, they would have just filled gaps in existing factions.)
thanks!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:35 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
They do.

I think this is only because of the basic side being shown.
Most likely- But I know even as an extremely devout Heroscape lover, I cringed at what I saw.

Just want them to set the project up for success- Even one card with non final text on the master side would assuage the masses I believe.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:45 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I believe they are going to have to reveal some Army Cards to build hype and sell the new set, hopefully they have a plan to roll a few out during the campaign.

I thought they said they would show some when the campaign started and I was disappointed to see just the basic sides.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:58 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
I said this in a post earlier, but we should all make it a goal to get Heroscape: Age of Annihilation trending on Boardgamegeek's Hotness list. It is not uncommon to see projects trending high on the list for games that are not released yet due to Kickstarters that are running. And even getting it low on the list will at least get it 'visible' to a lot of old Heroscape fans--and just board game fans in general--who have no clue that Heroscape is being revived. And then hopefully that will start a chain reaction to boost it up the Hotness List even more! Since you asked, here's some things everyone can do:

1. Go to the game's home page on BGG. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...e-annihilation
    • simply by going there you are helping the algorithm know that people are showing an interest, even if you are not logged in as a user. Good job, you helped out!
  2. Log in as a user. If you don't have a user account, it just takes a minute. And why wouldn't you have a user account -- what, you don't like board games?
  3. Like and subscribe. Just like youtube. On the game's main page on BGG, there is a heart button and a subscribe button right on each (I've never used those previously, but in this case, I'll do it)
  4. Add it to your collection as Owned or Wishlist. And you don't have to rate it yet, but you could add a comment such as "backed the crowdfunding campaign" or "excited to get this" if, in fact, you are.
  5. Make some posts in the forums. If you scroll down a bit on the game's home page, you can ask some questions or just post in the threads.
    • Craig or Chris (Encarmine) would be really smart to be answering a bunch of questions over there, and also posting a lot of photos of what's being offered.
    • I'm convinced that if all of the heroscapers who had posted in this very thread (157 pages as I type this) had instead been posted over there, Age of Annihilation would already be #1 on the Hotness list. Most games with Kickstarter campaigns don't have the benefit of already having a nice website with forums (like Heroscapers.com), so they post over at BGG. In this specific case, it may unintentionally be hurting our cause because it is not drawing the attention of new eyeballs, which seems to be what a lot of the Avalon Hill marketing and design plan has been about so far. (If it was just for old fans, they would have just filled gaps in existing factions.)
Done, and in about 2 minutes, too! 5 if you count the time I spent typing up a post.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:21 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Done, and in about 2 minutes, too! 5 if you count the time I spent typing up a post.
I just did as well, thank you for the steps mee likey!

Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'll admit the project isn't giving me a warm fuzzy either, but to this point it's raised over 270K in under 24 hours. Any crowd funding campaign would love to have that 'problem.'

I check every couple of hours to see how many more backers there are and it's never failed to be at least 40 or so more each time. Hopefully this is just going to be a super slow burn. If it stays at that rate, this project will more than simply fund.

Heck you could probably argue that this isn't a slow burn at all. Many KS projects have funding goals that are not nearly what is needed, but it's known that wildly huge goals are a turn off and it also looks way better when they can say things like "funded in under 1 hour!" Hasbro simply isn't mincing words, it's 2mil for the project, period.

Lets also not forget that 'free shipping' or at least shipping baked in, can't be dismissed. I, like most, base value on what the final cost is for all included, regardless of how much said company gets in the end. But this also means that the goods in this case are being sold for closer to $200, which is mind boggling to me. I expected $300 minimum and shipping on top of that. This is a steal.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion