Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
So with:
  1. Regret
  2. Pride
  3. Satisfaction
  4. Warm wishes to the other judges
  5. Thanks to them for including me among them
  6. Fondness for all the many participants in this thread
  7. And special appreciation to the creators of the fine customs that were shared with us, every single one without exception
  8. And special appreciation for Killometer for including me in this project,
I step down from among the judges of the Soldiers of Valhalla project.
No! No disrespect to the other judges, or anyone else on the site, but you were one of the biggest figures in my mind from when I first started creeping the boards and I hold your perspective in highest regard. Although I was sometimes frustrated by your reasons for turning down cool units, I always knew you were right and respected you more for it. For some reason you symbolize, in my mind, what the SoV judges should be and do, even though all of them do an excellent job.

All that to say, you will be missed. (yes, I realize you'll still be around, its just weird).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I am pleased to vote to include Priscus in the Soldiers of Valhalla.
Thanks for the vote, and for taking the time to give him a full test. On that note, thanks to all of the judges for donating their valuable time on this project.

Quote:
I have a couple obligations at home - working two jobs and other things can take away from gaming time - and the simple fact is I don't play well by myself. And the Kid is busy with mountains of homework as he gets older and I just can't get him to play like I used to.
Cough <HeroSkype> Cough
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Sorry to see you go, Dad_Scaper, it's been great working with you, and (still no disrespect intended), I'm glad you were wrong.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Sorry to see you go, Dad_Scaper, it's been great working with you, and (still no disrespect intended), I'm glad you were wrong.
Yup, I will miss working with DS here. (Glad I still get to bump into him in the ERB of the C3V.) His insights--and willingness to speak up when he saw an issue--were invaluable.

As to being "wrong," well, we're definitely struggling to keep up with nominations, but I think things are working. And I think we're making headway as well. He was right (as we all recognized) that this would be harder than the BoV in many respects.

That said, some great units have come through. And with new judges and some new processes in place, we're moving forward. I should have a review up shortly here. And from what I see behind the scenes, I think we're getting traction.
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hah! I don't need to click that link to know where it goes.

As Mmirg implies, it's an organic process even (especially) now. The quality of the reviews and the standards must remain high but if this group is not productive it will become marginalized.

Similar to the C3V that way, now that I think of it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

I would like to nominate my figure, Psionic Marauder, for review:

Single base
The Psionic Marauder has a nice mix of powers, and forcing and opponents figure to attack is a really interesting feature and helps to save your important figures. The initiative bonus is there just as a benefit for moving him a lot too.

I'm not sure if I need to make a report like the one outlined on the front, but if so let me know.

Thanks for taking time to think about reviewing
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post

Single base
The Psionic Marauder has a nice mix of powers, and forcing and opponents figure to attack is a really interesting feature and helps to save your important figures. The initiative bonus is there just as a benefit for moving him a lot too.

I'm not sure if I need to make a report like the one outlined on the front, but if so let me know.

They do need fig availability numbers, I think.

Old May 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post

Single base

I'm going to first suggest you remove this for now and fix your obvious typos as that is a guarantee it won't be looked at. Also please follow the expected format including regarding figure information and numbers on availability.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mind Control does have a couple of issues. There may also be some odd ball corner cases that Mind Control could trigger. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'm wouldn't be surprised if they are out there.
Also what is that figure? I've seen it before but I don't know the name right off. I'll vote NO for now.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I also suspect problems with Mind Control, or at least unintended scenarios. Most notably what happens if you have multiple Psionic Marauders within range of an attacking figure, how are the multiple Mind Controls resolved? And what happens if you roll a 15+ for both? A figure cannot "must attack" both. I have questions of what happens if a figure attempts to attack an adjacent figure you control, what happens if the Psionic Marauder is within range but not line of sight, how it interacts with Smoke Powder, etc.

I vote NO for Psionic Marauder.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

NO on the Psonic Marauder for all stated reasons.

Please remember we are not going to look up figure information, so without it it will always be an automatic NO. Figure information and availability is an important part of this project.

Quote:

Just as a reminder, these are the general features that we will be judging on, so keep them in mind for your nominations:
  • Balance-Are the points correct?
  • Playability-Are the powers clear and understandable? Are its master stats appropriate? If it is Large or Huge, what type of base does it use? Is it visually distinct from pre-existing units?
  • Creativity-Does it add something new to the game?
  • Theme-Does it fit in the HS universe?
  • Accessibility-Is the sculpt, or sculpts, available, at a reasonable price, and with limited modification? To help with this, it is encouraged that a link to the mini is included with the nomination (check out Lamaclown's list of mini sites for help with that)

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Ok thanks for the clarifications on submissions, I wasn't sure if the topics on the first post were required in submission or once it was chosen for review. Also, robbdaman, I can't seem to find any typos in the card; could you please specify?

I will try and clarify the mind control power and hopefully resubmit with the proper criteria in the near future. So yes, I choose to remove Psionic Marauder from the process for now.

Thanks for the help

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs