Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 31st, 2009, 02:56 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart
Re: Balantai's Star Wars Customs

The only problem I see with these is the Expert Lightsaber Deflection ablitity. They extra defense is fine my issue is "counterstrike"
If an Ewok shots you with his bow and arrows or sling from 4 hexs away you would not be able to "deflect" his projectile back to hurt him but you could block it.
You would need to clarify what type of range weapon someone is using.

Last edited by wolfeman1968; December 31st, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
The only problem I see with these is the Expert Lightsaber Deflection ablitity. They extra defense is fine my issue is "counterstrike"
If an Ewok shots you with his bow and arrows or sling from 4 hexs away you would not be able to "deflect" his projectile back to hurt him but you could block it.
You would need to clarify what type of range weapon someone is using.
I'm not sure this kind of theme is really necessary. After all, can an elf with a bow really shoot farther than a robot shooting missles? The beauty of Heroscape is its simplicity. I'm afraid of over complicating things by limiting the counterstrike to blasters. Besides, I would have to somehow identify each card that fires a blaster type projectile. As far as theme goes, I can rationalize it as Obi-Wan using the Force to stop the arrow/rocket/bullet/etc and fire it back at the attacking figure.

Last edited by Balantai; December 31st, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Deleted.

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 07:20 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Darth Maul - Sith Apprentice: vBeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Double Attack
So perfect for him, good choice.
Quote:
Sith Counterattack 16
If Darth Maul is attacked by an adjacent normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, Darth Maul receives no wounds and the attacking figure recieves 1 wound.
Replace "regular" with "normal" (I have those brain farts too ). "you may roll" isn't normally included in the counter strike wording, usually it's just "roll". It still works & if you want to leave it I don't really have an issue with it.
Quote:
Force Push 7
Instead of moving or attacking, choose any figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Darth Maul and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 7 or higher, you may move the chosen figure 3 spaces and put one wound marker on the card. The chosen figure does not receive leaving engagement attacks when moved due to Force Push. Subtract 7 from your roll when choosing figures with the Force symbol.
This is a great ability, I am just not sure if it should be a 20d ability especially if you are giving up your move & attack. But then again it does make an allowance for opponents that have the force power.

Count Dooku / Darth Tyrannus - Sith Apprentice: vBeta
Quote:
Force Lightning
Instead of attacking, you may choose a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Count Dooku and roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 7 from your roll if the chosen figure has the Force symbol. If you roll:
  • 1 - 4 Nothing happens
  • 5 - 11 The chosen figure receives 1 wound
  • 12 or higher The chosen figure receives 2 wounds and must remove one unrevealed order marker from their card
I first laid out my Booster Gold dot points the same way but was advised that the official use is to put the "If you roll a" at the start of each line.

Also for the 12 or higher option what if they don't have an unrevealed Order Marker? the word "must " makes it a bit awkward. Maybe: "• If you roll a 12 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds and you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker from that figures Army Card."

Cheers
Old January 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Thanks for the imput, A3n. I updated my Darth Maul as per many of your suggestions.
Old January 1st, 2010, 11:52 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Reworded Force Push on my Darth Maul custom.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Deleted.

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Re: Balantai Battlescape: Star Wars

I am completely revamping my Star Wars for Heroscape. Please see the first post for the major changes.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Balantai; December 8th, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Completed a draft of my Lightsaber Forms:

Shii-Cho (Determination Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Makashi (Contention Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Soresu (Resiliance Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Ataru (Agression Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Shien / Djem So (Perseverance Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Niman (Moderation Form)
Spoiler Alert!

Juyo / Vaapad (Ferocity Form)
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Added a bunch of Force Powers to the first post.

Last edited by Balantai; December 10th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old December 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

A very rough draft of:

DARTH MAUL

ZABRAK
UNIQUE HERO
SITH APPRENTICE
RUTHLESS
MEDIUM 5

Life: 11
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 6

LIGHTSABER FORMS
SHII-CHO - MASTER
NIMAN - MASTER
JUYO / VAAPAD - BASIC

FORCE POWERS
FORCE AGILITY
FORCE FEAR
FORCE LEAP
FORCE PUSH

JEDI HATRED
You may roll 1 additional attack die when attacking a Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Knight or Jedi Master with a normal attack.

TERRA KASI SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Defending figures must roll 1 less defense die and may not receive any bonuses from Lightsaber Forms when defending against Terra Kasi Special Attack. When Darth Maul attacks with his Terra Kasi Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time.

FORCE POINTS: 5

Pts:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards