Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2020, 05:18 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: How to Make a Custom Card (2017 Version w/ Screenshots)

Sorry to continue to ask questions, but an you explain how to place the gradient that goes from black to white. I am not seeing how to do that.
Old April 6th, 2020, 05:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Right between the paint bucket and the pencil.
Old April 6th, 2020, 05:36 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Not sure if I did this correct, but I got it to work. On the initial top layer which is the card created from Xorlof's card creator I did a free style select around the frame where an image would be placed. From your comment I choose the blend tool and then selected FG to Transparent and worked my way around in the image frame that I outlined previously. I created a new layer below the original layer. Choose the image I wanted copied it and pasted on to the new layer. Looks great did I do it correctly or came to the right conclusion the wrong or more difficult way? Either way thank you very much for your help and stay safe.
Old April 6th, 2020, 05:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

There's multiple ways to do it, so if it looks good, then you should be happy
Old April 6th, 2020, 05:44 PM

Thanks again truly appreciate the assistance.
Old April 7th, 2020, 08:37 PM

Superfrog I have another question pertaining to your editing of the figure image. When you choose the eraser tool and erase around the figure you get the checkered board transparency around the figure. When I do it as I erase it shows up with a white background. Can you explain what I am missing in order to get the checkered board transparency around the figure.
Old April 8th, 2020, 06:11 PM

After trial and error for some time I was able to figure out what I was missing. I went to the "layer" tab and then selected "transparency" and then "add alpha channel". From there when I used the "eraser" tool I obtain the effect that you had in your tutorial. I also fooled around and did it another way. The second way was to use the "free style" select tool and work my way around my figure. After doing this I went to "select" and then to "invert". Now everything but my figure was selected. From there I went thru the steps to "add alpha channel" and then used a large size "eraser" tool to make everything transparent around my image. Like you said there are multiple ways to get where you need to be. Slowly learning as I go along.
Old May 18th, 2020, 01:47 PM

Jeremy O is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

First of all. Thanks for the great tool to help with custom cards! This post has been incredible so far. I'm just getting into customs and am teaching myself GIMP. I get all the way to the part where you have to Ctrl+C to copy and when I hit that it only copies half of my image. I've tried to search to why this would be with no luck. Any advice?
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
After trial and error for some time I was able to figure out what I was missing. I went to the "layer" tab and then selected "transparency" and then "add alpha channel". From there when I used the "eraser" tool I obtain the effect that you had in your tutorial. I also fooled around and did it another way. The second way was to use the "free style" select tool and work my way around my figure. After doing this I went to "select" and then to "invert". Now everything but my figure was selected. From there I went thru the steps to "add alpha channel" and then used a large size "eraser" tool to make everything transparent around my image. Like you said there are multiple ways to get where you need to be. Slowly learning as I go along.
If you use the free select, you can also use the Scissors tool to cut away everything.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy O View Post
First of all. Thanks for the great tool to help with custom cards! This post has been incredible so far. I'm just getting into customs and am teaching myself GIMP. I get all the way to the part where you have to Ctrl+C to copy and when I hit that it only copies half of my image. I've tried to search to why this would be with no luck. Any advice?
I haven't used GIMP in a while, but I believe that the GIMP clipboard is limited to a 500x500 image. It might help to scale your image down a bit before copying and pasting.
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy O View Post
I haven't used GIMP in a while, but I believe that the GIMP clipboard is limited to a 500x500 image. It might help to scale your image down a bit before copying and pasting.
Not sure what is causing Jeremy's problem, but it isn't a clipboard size restriction. I just copied and pasted a 3024x4032 image without an issue.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 18th, 2020, 03:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

Hmmm. I have had his problem before, though. Can't remember exactly when or why.

Pasting an image into GIMP never was an issue, though. Sometimes copying and pasting internally was wonky, from what I remember.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards