Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
Re: Helm's Deep Campaign (LOTR, Download Available)

Thanks again for making this awesome map!

Side Views (front views on previous page)

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM

dfonse is surprisingly tart

Make More Lotr Maps And Fast These Are Excelent.
Old July 18th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Spidysox and I finally sat down and played this. With all the comments so far, I was expecting the player behind the wall to win easily (this would be me). In reality, we went all the way to the Helm's Keep Map and Spidysox beat me.

The battles seem pretty well balanced as long as you are using LOTR type armies. If you put 4th mass up on the wall, you won't have the greatest game. I used figures like the elf archers, roman archers, samurai, dwarves, etc. Spidy used orcs and minions as well as a couple of dragons.

It worked really well and we had a lot of fun. Every part of this looked just like the movie.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:57 PM

Zexion is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Spidysox and I finally sat down and played this. With all the comments so far, I was expecting the player behind the wall to win easily (this would be me). In reality, we went all the way to the Helm's Keep Map and Spidysox beat me.

The battles seem pretty well balanced as long as you are using LOTR type armies. If you put 4th mass up on the wall, you won't have the greatest game. I used figures like the elf archers, roman archers, samurai, dwarves, etc. Spidy used orcs and minions as well as a couple of dragons.

It worked really well and we had a lot of fun. Every part of this looked just like the movie.
Welp, I only got the models from RotV, SotM and BftU, no expansions yet. Wonder how it'll look having Marro climbing up the ladders and having Sgt. Drake Alexander waiting on top.
Old July 20th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just started a new thread due to my attempt of Minas Tirith. You can find it here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...75#post1150775

Here is a sneak peek:

Old July 20th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This looks awesome, I'll try and play on it in a few weeks. And I'm not even a huge LoTR fan.

peterparkerh, could you condense the build instructions down (if it's not much trouble), on the last section the way it's done for helm's keep it looks like you could put 8 levels on a page instead of just 4. It would save a lot of paper. I don't mean to go back and re-do this one since it's already done, but something to think about for the future. (I know we're going to want to play that Minas Tirith that you're working on after this one).

Thanks a lot for putting this together, I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; July 20th, 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: I forgot to sign my rep for you peter.
Old July 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I can't believe that it took us so long to play this glorious map, but when we finally did it was well worth it. I took on the role of the orc horde (reinforced by some dragons and minions and other "themey" bad guys) and had a ball trying to get my forces over the walls to try and "destroy the world of men." The scenario played out quite well and there were more than a few anxious moments on my part (Kaemon Awesome standing on the highest point of the keep raining terror on my orcs stands out) but in the end the sheer number of orcs was enough to overcome the keep obstacle. This was really a great fun map and scenario and I am really looking forward to Minis Tirith.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got to play a game on this map a couple of weeks ago.

I have a battle report up with lots of pics here.

Thanks for putting this together again peterparkerh!

I don't know if we'll actually play on the Minas Tirith (within the next year anyway) since it might be a little bit of overkill with the same pieces in another battle, but we'll see.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Mayor of Scape City

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
I got to play a game on this map a couple of weeks ago.

I have a battle report up with lots of pics here.

Thanks for putting this together again peterparkerh!

I don't know if we'll actually play on the Minas Tirith (within the next year anyway) since it might be a little bit of overkill with the same pieces in another battle, but we'll see.
Glad to here you had some fun with this one. Pictures are great. I actually have not been able to play Minas Tirith yet, but the Trebuchet and Catapult rules should make it play considerably different.

Old September 28th, 2010, 10:50 AM

WinterIsComing is surprisingly tart

Built this map last night in full. Looks great, thanks for making it. I'm going to try a 2 v 2 with my kids this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Valar Morghulis
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM

I picked out the attacking Armies last night. I wanted a lot of theme.
Blade Grut x4 160
Arrow Grut x4 320
Swog Rider x3 395
Heavy Grut x3 465
Tornak x1 565
Ornak x1 665
Nerak x1 715
Grimnak x1 835
Ogre Warhulk x2 1135
Feral Troll x 3 1405
Krug x1 1525
Now I need to pick the defenders. Again I want a lot of theme but with the low point totals for the defenders I am not sure how to go. Another problem may be the fact that this Orc army bonds so well could cause a problem with the play. Romans? Samurai? Hmmmm.
Any thoughts? I have every figure in multiples of 3 at least.

Valar Morghulis
Old September 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM

PeterParkerH, quick question for you.

For player 1; I am a little confused on the army totals.

At the wall they get 300 pts
At the Breach #1 they get 400 pts
At the gate 300 pts plus survivors (If Any) of the breach
Then at the Breach #2 survivors of the keep and the 300 pt reenforcement Army

Grand total 1300????

Valar Morghulis

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios