Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old May 18th, 2017, 10:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah soundoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Yeah, so far there are 5 of us that I'm aware of (True, Leaf_It, Scaperedude, DaDude, and myself). It's gonna be a 'Scape Carpool party!
I'll have to come up with some cool stuff to give out for your efforts to make it up our way. Its an hour north for me as well. I really need to try to make it down you guys way for one of your monthlies, its only about a 2 something hour drive down that way. We'll see what I come up with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Alright our combined June 10th tourney is officially scheduled for @1:00pm at Goblin Town Games in Pocatello. Start planning!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:45 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Bumping this thread...

Utah monthlies are Aug. 26, Sept. 30.
What about National HeroScape Day this year?
It was the second Saturday in 2016.

Also, @Sir Heroscape ... do you have any dates for Idaho's 2017 NHSD yet?
Old August 14th, 2017, 05:15 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Bumping this thread...

October 14th will likely be the date...that way we're right between both Utah Monthlies, so we should be able to get more Utahns this time around. We play in Pocatello, so it's really not that bad of a drive (2hrs tops) for most of you guys.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:33 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Bumping this thread...

The National Heroscape Day here in Utah will be October 21st. Don't want to take away from Halloween plans by holding it on the 28th, plus from my understanding, NHSD is normally the 3rd Saturday in October of each years. So it works out nicely

Details beyond that haven't really been hammered out yet, but we are going to try and make it the biggest gathering of the year (in terms of attendance, length, and prizes).
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Quote:
Bumping this thread...

The National Heroscape Day here in Utah will be October 21st. Don't want to take away from Halloween plans by holding it on the 28th, plus from my understanding, NHSD is normally the 3rd Saturday in October of each years. So it works out nicely

Details beyond that haven't really been hammered out yet, but we are going to try and make it the biggest gathering of the year (in terms of attendance, length, and prizes).
Are there people that currently have concerns about the 28th for a tournament? cause I don't know about everyone else, but I don't celebrate Halloween 3 days early , that and school/work is never out on Halloween, so it's not ever a day-off holiday worthy day, which seems like keeping it the 28th would be best for consistency sake. At least, that'd be a lot better for us when we do our Idaho NHSD cause then we can do ours mid-month and not asking 'scapers to go to tournaments back-to-back weekends. Cause if you hold your tourney Sept 30th like usual, but then do NHSD Oct. 21st then the only weekends we can do our NHSD would be the 7th or the 14th and either one of those weekends makes it so that 'scapers are spending two weekends in a row at tournaments. it will be a smaller turnout if people are taking off 2 weekends in a row.

I say unless you have people telling you they can't make it the 28th because they have Halloween plans, I'd strongly suggest you keep it to the last Saturday of each month so that we can hold our inbetween on the 14th.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:10 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Are there people that currently have concerns about the 28th for a tournament? cause I don't know about everyone else, but I don't celebrate Halloween 3 days early , that and school/work is never out on Halloween, so it's not ever a day-off holiday worthy day, which seems like keeping it the 28th would be best for consistency sake. At least, that'd be a lot better for us when we do our Idaho NHSD cause then we can do ours mid-month and not asking 'scapers to go to tournaments back-to-back weekends. Cause if you hold your tourney Sept 30th like usual, but then do NHSD Oct. 21st then the only weekends we can do our NHSD would be the 7th or the 14th and either one of those weekends makes it so that 'scapers are spending two weekends in a row at tournaments. it will be a smaller turnout if people are taking off 2 weekends in a row.

I say unless you have people telling you they can't make it the 28th because they have Halloween plans, I'd strongly suggest you keep it to the last Saturday of each month so that we can hold our inbetween on the 14th.
There are people that have said this, yes. And I am one of them, actually. People's big Halloween parties are generally held the weekend closest to Halloween. That would be the 28th this year.

You could always do your NHSD afterwards (November 11th, for example), or possibly we could have September's monthly on the 23rd rather than the 30th (it is a 5 week month, after all), allowing you to do your's on October 7th, and get that 2 week gap you're looking for.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:

There are people that have said this, yes. And I am one of them, actually. People's big Halloween parties are generally held the weekend closest to Halloween. That would be the 28th this year.

You could always do your NHSD afterwards (November 11th, for example), or possibly we could have September's monthly on the 23rd rather than the 30th (it is a 5 week month, after all), allowing you to do your's on October 7th, and get that 2 week gap you're looking for.
Fair enough. I think moving September tourney to the 23rd for the monthly would be a good way to do it, and then we'll plan on the 7th for our NHSD. November is just a little too far out for our next tourney, and this way we'll have the 2-week gap

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fair enough. I think moving September tourney to the 23rd for the monthly would be a good way to do it, and then we'll plan on the 7th for our NHSD. November is just a little too far out for our next tourney, and this way we'll have the 2-week gap
Cool cool, that will probably work. We can chat with attendees in-person next week to make sure it will work for most, if not all, to do it that way
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:01 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

When I was coordinating things, back in the Old Days, we'd often do NHSD later, even going into November. The third Saturday in October didn't work for certain people.

OH. Hold on about Sept. 23. That's the Ixalan Magic pre-release. 99% of the stores will ban all other events for a Pre-release weekend, which means you'd have to find another venue for that day. What about a public library for Sept. 23?
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
When I was coordinating things, back in the Old Days, we'd often do NHSD later, even going into November. The third Saturday in October didn't work for certain people.
The handful I have talked indicated it would work, but I'll take a poll of everyone at the get-together this month.
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:14 PM

@The Dewk , call Game Haven Sandy, Paragon City Games, wherever, I'm sure every store will be busy with only Magic Sept. 23.

Also, @Sir Heroscape , Oct. 7 is LDS General Conference, which rules out 'Scaping for a lot of Utahns. Dunno about your local crowd though.
I'm busy with too much stuff Sept. & Oct., which rules out an ID trip for me regardless. Oct. 12-14 is also iCON in Idaho Falls.
Nov. 4 is the end of International Games Week, there's always a daylong event at West Jordan's Viridian Center.

For both UT & ID, do a poll for both NHSD dates? I always tried to do that, to maximize attendance.

Last edited by UtahScott; August 14th, 2017 at 04:04 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers