Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 27th, 2014, 11:22 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

[rewinding - garbled sounds]
They found me. I don't know how, but they found me!
RUN FOR IT MARTY!

[rewinding - garbled sounds]
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoCall View Post
Grimnak or Braxas? which is the better pick?
Grimnak is 120 points, Braxas is 210.
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In a way they're the same.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 27th, 2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: if you're dyslexic.
Old February 27th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoCall View Post
Grimnak or Braxas? which is the better pick?
Grimnak is 120 points, Braxas is 210.
They have the same digital root.
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:10 PM

boromir422 Woo who?

hey, can anyone tell me what a bcc recipient is??
Old February 28th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir422 View Post
hey, can anyone tell me what a bcc recipient is??
Blind carbon copy. It means that the other people you send the message to don't know that you also sent it to the bcc recipient.

Old February 28th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Someone who gets a "blind copy" of a communication. Other recipients will not see that the bcc recipient got a copy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; February 28th, 2014 at 06:21 PM. Reason: bah! ninja'ed.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, not really sure if this is the proper place to ask this, but judging by that it is a question I feel this is probably better than most places.

If someone were to want to start getting into the "painting miniatures" ordeal, how would they get started? I've looked elsewhere on the web but can't really find much that made sense, thanks in advance!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:55 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

This is a pretty good starting point. Really it is a matter of getting some cheap minis, a brush and some paint and get painting. Learn from the tutorials and get going. Looks like some of the pics are missing, but you can get the main idea.
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can start by practicing on some of your extra heroscape figs. I prefer acrylic paint because it's easy to come by and it cleans up nicely. Others prefer enamels. The main 2 techniques are applying washes and drybrushing.

I usually paint my fig the way I want it, let dry, then apply a "wash" (a watered down mix of dark paint (black or brown usually)) all over the fig. This fills in all the cracks and makes them look deeper. Let dry. Then you highlight the fig by "drybrushing." you take a bit of paint a shade lighter than the one you painted the fig with. Get it on the brush then wipe most of it off on a newspaper or paper towel. Then run it over the fig. This will highlight the parts that stick up. That's it basically. Anyone can paint a decent looking fig using those two techniques.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; March 4th, 2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Acrylics and ENAMELS! :)
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:55 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey scapers,

Does anyone use something to block your opponent from seeing where your OMs are before/until initiative is rolled?

Reason: My brother in law and I have this bad habit of watching where the other guy is placing OMs, and then placing our own accordingly. But then, the other guy notices this, and swaps his OMs around, etc. etc... It's a vicious cycle sometimes.

Do they do anything at tournaments to prevent this? Or do you guys stare at where your opponents potential moves may be and sit there and play cat and mouse with your OMs for a few minutes before rolling for initiative?
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Hey scapers,

Does anyone use something to block your opponent from seeing where your OMs are before/until initiative is rolled?

Reason: My brother in law and I have this bad habit of watching where the other guy is placing OMs, and then placing our own accordingly. But then, the other guy notices this, and swaps his OMs around, etc. etc... It's a vicious cycle sometimes.

Do they do anything at tournaments to prevent this? Or do you guys stare at where your opponents potential moves may be and sit there and play cat and mouse with your OMs for a few minutes before rolling for initiative?
We consider if covered by the "don't be an arse" general ruling at home, and I've never had a problem with it at tournaments. Put your order markers down without looking at your opponents'. Then play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's