Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Of course not. What they should do is have the person in charge defer in some respects to others who are more knowledgeable, so that you avoid situations where the former says, "Hey, what if we replaced the skulls on the dice with swords or an explosion symbol?" only for the latter to remind them, "Umm... a lot of the old cards, not to mention the cards we're working on right now, literally refer to skulls on the dice." Basically, some of these decisions might be better off left to the kind of person who can recite the Flying text from memory, y'know?
There are people who can recite Flying text from memory?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Age of Annihilation no longer has Flying text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:28 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Thank goodness...I have trouble reading stationary text!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 24th, 2022 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Sorry - Couldn't resist... I'm ashamed...
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
C3G welcomes them to the cool kids table.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:33 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I guess they just felt like doing interesting name takes versus a direct one. You can compare this to Retiarius, which is actually just a general name of net using gladiators and not a specific person and Spartacus. Also with C3V, Arthur of Sherwood, which is a take on Robin Hood and Heracles, though those are both mythical figures, but in a more historical sense over a fantasy sense. The space pirates I guess you could maybe think of as historical in a future sense.....oxymoron I know lol
I don't think the historic units need to be actual historic figures, and I don't think it ever was that way. Sir Denrick, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Kato Katsuro weren't real people, but they aligned with real tropes.

I understand what they're going for with this set being the years after the war starts and how groups have settled into valhalla. but still, I think a bunch of actual history/fantasy swashbuckling pirates would have gone a long way for the historic units crowd vs high tech pirates. similarly, if that is the theme of the set, I think more things like marro pirates, roman gladiators who have snagged a chaingun at some point, or elves and gruts who realized they aren't so different and blended into one army could have been a more interesting approach vs using a bunch of factions we've never seen before.

I don't dislike the new factions though and think there is some interesting material there. On their own, robot lich is awesome. steampunk redwall is great. I think they fit right in with the style of heroscape. but I think it's suffering because there is a lot of new stuff and not as much tying it back to the old game for being a campaign that seems to be totally relying on nostalgia buyers. FWIW, I haven't backed yet but I am planning to closer to the end of the campaign.

I agree. I like the dawn raider syndicate, but I think adding in a pure vanilla pirate squad and hero would make them even better. Let's keep the alien pirates, but add in some of the historical versions as well
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I guess they just felt like doing interesting name takes versus a direct one. You can compare this to Retiarius, which is actually just a general name of net using gladiators and not a specific person and Spartacus. Also with C3V, Arthur of Sherwood, which is a take on Robin Hood and Heracles, though those are both mythical figures, but in a more historical sense over a fantasy sense. The space pirates I guess you could maybe think of as historical in a future sense.....oxymoron I know lol
I don't think the historic units need to be actual historic figures, and I don't think it ever was that way. Sir Denrick, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Kato Katsuro weren't real people, but they aligned with real tropes.

I understand what they're going for with this set being the years after the war starts and how groups have settled into valhalla. but still, I think a bunch of actual history/fantasy swashbuckling pirates would have gone a long way for the historic units crowd vs high tech pirates. similarly, if that is the theme of the set, I think more things like marro pirates, roman gladiators who have snagged a chaingun at some point, or elves and gruts who realized they aren't so different and blended into one army could have been a more interesting approach vs using a bunch of factions we've never seen before.

I don't dislike the new factions though and think there is some interesting material there. On their own, robot lich is awesome. steampunk redwall is great. I think they fit right in with the style of heroscape. but I think it's suffering because there is a lot of new stuff and not as much tying it back to the old game for being a campaign that seems to be totally relying on nostalgia buyers. FWIW, I haven't backed yet but I am planning to closer to the end of the campaign.

I agree. I like the dawn raider syndicate, but I think adding in a pure vanilla pirate squad and hero would make them even better. Let's keep the alien pirates, but add in some of the historical versions as well
Killian is basically a pure pirate. Exiles look to be 2 out of 4 humans.....you could always buy two sets to make them fully human lol. Or go through the trouble of trading with someone who wants the other two that look more like the Pirates of the Caribbean portrayal of Davy Jones.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Sadly, I probably can. Every VC card with Flying has had me reread the text multiple times to verify for correctness.
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:44 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Sadly, I probably can. Every VC card with Flying has had me reread the text multiple times to verify for correctness.
Thank the cosmos I'm not the only one.
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I definitely can't, but probably because I haven't seen the text on a card in so long. I've played it perfectly mechanically correctly thousands of times over that same period, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 24th, 2022, 02:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I 100% agree that the dice should still have skulls and the general's names should be on the army cards.

If the biggest problem with the skulls is that there weren't enough Marro in the new set, then add some more Marro to the new set so it resembles classic HeroScape more. Don't change something else and make it resemble classic HeroScape less. Do you want 8000 backers or not?
Agree on the skulls on dice and general names on card. I was just looking at some of my old cards last and the general names are right there front and center.

Also, I've been playing this game for a very long time and I never associated the skulls on the dice/t-shirts with the Marro even once. It being suggested now was the first time I even heard that idea. It was just a unique skull design to me. One I proudly wore on a T-Shirt for a while.
Old October 24th, 2022, 02:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankensteinsMonster View Post
What’s with the continual gaffes in this campaign? There is a picture with sizes of certain miniatures in centimeters. According to that photo, these figures are going to be HUGE.

SMH

Not representing very well. Usually these mistakes come from being rushed.
The scale numbers in the campaign have been fixed!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2022, 02:43 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting that the guy who never played Heroscape knows more about the skull on the dice than some diehard fans (myself included!)

I don’t think Chris makes these decisions idly, and it seems like CVN has a large amount of input on things not related to the financials. I think it’s cool that someone in authority has a different gaming background than some of the other people on the project. I couldn’t be happier with the team he put together to work on this. If Chris says that symbols for stats, and dice that match those symbols make this game more marketable in new places, that’s good enough for me.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion