Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Warforged Soldiers

The Book of Warforged Soldiers

Warriors of Eberron
- Collection D2 (12) - "Veterans of the Last War"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the Heroscapers Gallery for stats and special powers.

Character Bio: The latest Heroscape squad has the ability to move their defending figures to gain a tactical advantage! These guys pack quite a punch and bring a new level of strategy to battlefield placement.
A. Yes. The card says "The Warforged Soldier must continue that attack, if possible." If it is not possible, for whatever reason, the soldier simply does not make an Attack this turn.

Q. TACTICAL SWITCH & Falling Damage:
Is a figure switched by TACTICAL SWITCH subject to falling damage?
A. No.

Q. TACTICAL SWITCH vs. CYBERCLAW:

Can my Warforged Soldier use TACTICAL SWITCH against a Gladiatron's CYBERCLAW?
A. No. The text of CYBERCLAW says affected figures "...cannot be moved by any power on any army card..." and the text of TACTICAL SWITCH makes specific reference to figures "moved by" the ability.

Q. TACTICAL SWITCH & ENGAGEMENT STRIKE:
Is a figure moved by TACTICAL SWITCH subject to ENGAGEMENT STRIKE from figures such as
Arkmer or the Nakita Agents, or from the Greater Ice Elemental's ICE SPIKES 15?
A. Yes.

Q. TACTICAL SWITCH & COMBAT CHALLENGE:
If a Warforged Soldier uses TACTICAL SWITCH and becomes engaged with the switched figure and another opponent's figure with the COMBAT CHALLENGE Special Ability, such as Tandros Kreel, can the Warforged Soldier still continue the Attack on the switched figure?
A. No. COMBAT CHALLENGE would prevent it, and the Warforged Soldier would have to forgo his attack.

Q. TACTICAL SWITCH & Proftaka
Can a Warforged Soldier use Tactical Switch to exit the Pit Trap (Glyph of Proftaka)?
A. Yes, you can Tactical Switch out of a Pit Trap, but only if there is a friendly figure adjacent to your Warforged Soldier.

Q. WARFORGED RESOLVE with a Zero Defense?
If the Warforged Soldiers' Defense is lowered to Zero by a Power such as Zelrig's MAJESTIC FIRES SPECIAL ATTACK, do they still add 1 automatic shield for WARFORGED RESOLVE?
A. Yes. Unless a figure is expressly denied a Defense roll by an ability like Me-Burq-Sa's PARALYZING STARE 16, a Defense of Zero still triggers any ability that activates "when rolling Defense."

Synergy Benefits Received
- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Leadership
As Soldiers, the Warforged Soldiers may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.
- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS : Soldier Attack Enhancement
As Soldiers, the Warforged Soldiers may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT.
Synergy Benefits Offered:
N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Warforged Soldiers Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Warforged Soldiers- What's you army idea?
Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 28th, 2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: HELP! I'm trapped in the Edit box!!!
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:21 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of the Warforged Soldiers

Open call: I browsed the Discussion threads before posting the Books, but if I missed any major clarifications, please let me know and I will add them in. And, as always, feel free to point out anything else I might have missed. Thanks.

~Spite
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:12 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

If Zelrig attacks them and they roll no defense dice, do they still get the tough auto shield?
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:15 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
If Zelrig attacks them and they roll no zero defense dice, do they still get the tough auto shield?
Yup.

~Aldin, who can't divide by zero but can roll it

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM

I added the explanation of the interaction between Combat Challenge and Tactical Switch. Thanks for bringing it up in the Discussion thread. The insanity of some of the "What if" scenarios is what I love most about making the Books.

~Spite
Old August 9th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just posted this in Heirloom's book but I thought it was worth mentioning here too. WF resolve and 2 defense provides better defense than 5 defense dice against attacks of 3 and 4. Additionally, there's ~ a 38% chance none of them will die to a Queglix Gun barrage (even without high ground). While their offensive power may be lacking compared to other melee squads like the knights and orcs , their defensive power is much better as a defense of four will only have all its members survive ~21% of the time. 5 defense is better against attacks of 5 or more.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; August 9th, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:39 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

man standing next to water and switching with fire elementals is gonna be all the rage next week.
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, I just played two games with the Warforged, both on Quasatch Playground. (Such a good map for Tactical Switch!) First game I ran Warforged x3, Raelin, White Wyrmlings x3 and Black Wyrmlings x3. My opponent James went with Knights x3, Thorgrim, Eldgrim, Krav, and 1x Feral Troll. I won't break down the game, but I messed up the start of the game by relying too much on the Wyrmlings. Raelin rolled very poorly on defense, and died early on the third round. Despite that, I was killing Knights fairly effectively, and despite my point total losses, there was a period in the middle where it seemed it could go either way.

I'm very impressed with Tactical Switch as a mechanic. It's hard to get used to, using it to its full potential will take a lot of focus, and it seems essential to make up for the lost attacks you don't get compared to bonding melee squads. Finally, Warforged Toughness? I'm not sold. It's awesome when your opponent gets only one skull. But they fall so fast if you actually have to roll defense. I mean, my dice (MY NEW GENCON DICE! XD ) were rolling awfully, so maybe my opinion is a little skewed, but both games I played I was thinking, Raelin is pretty key to these guys, like she is for the Heavies.

Eventually I lost, my opponent had the two Krav, maybe 3 knights, and the Feral Troll still in his start zone.

Second game was Warforged x5 and Morsbane vs Menchi's Wo Sa Ga, Su Bak Na, Nagrubs x3, and Marcu. (Which I just realized is 505, heh.) I led out with the Warforged, Wo Sa Ga came out with Nagrubs. With Menchi controlling the move glyph, like James before him, I was getting swarmed in my start zone. His Mindflayer had a couple good turns, costing the Warforged an OM or two. Additionally, Wo Sa Ga got through and Coil Crushed Morsbane before the elf could do anything. But between 15 Warforged, and Menchi activating Su Bak Na futher back rather than pressing the attack with Wo Sa Ga, (We weren't playing terribly seriously at this point) I eventually regained the upper hand and won the match. Tactical switch played a little less of a roll overall, though I got to set up a couple of nice combos with it. And again, Warforged Toughness didn't impress me as much.

This time it wasn't the 2 skulls always gets the kill, it's how much less effective two defense even with an auto shield feels against higher attack values. I guess it's not reasonable to expect Knights to fend off attacks of 5 or 7 dice, etc. But you can more easily afford to lose Knights. Every lost Warforged is a big deal. Currently I'm wondering how viable Warforged really are at the tournament level. Without Raelin, I'm not shore they can do it. On the other hand, I've now seen first hand how subtle they can be. They definitely are a finesse unit, and they will only shine in skilled hands. I think I'm going to be playing them for a while yet.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:37 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Thumbs up Re: The Book of the Warforged Soldiers

I've been thinking about SotM Rarlin with them. They'll be moving a lot so they can use the 6 range aura, and the increase even from 2 to 3 dice should be big. Raelin is also a bit easier to protect when she can stay 6 spaces out.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:16 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm really looking forward to trying them out. I finally got my hands on them and wow. They look amazing. They are nice and sturdy and heavy and have awesome sculpts and paint jobs. Very nice. I think they'd be a ton of fun to play with too. I'm always a fan of autoshields. I do fear that they are just too expensive and too easily killed but we'll see. Realin would be awesome with them but yeah with their movement it would be tough for RotV raelin to help out. Maybe killercactus is onto something with the SotM raelin. I can't wait to read some battle reports starring these guys.
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I'm really looking forward to trying them out. I finally got my hands on them and wow. They look amazing. They are nice and sturdy and heavy and have awesome sculpts and paint jobs. Very nice. I think they'd be a ton of fun to play with too. I'm always a fan of autoshields. I do fear that they are just too expensive and too easily killed but we'll see. Realin would be awesome with them but yeah with their movement it would be tough for RotV raelin to help out. Maybe killercactus is onto something with the SotM raelin. I can't wait to read some battle reports starring these guys.
In a game with chas recently, he proxied the Warforged against my army containing Red Wyrmlings. As I recall, their auto-shield helped, but not enough to make them a factor in the game.
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, to be fair, the Red Wyrmlings are a bad matchup because they reduce their defense to zero, so one shield is the best they can ever get against them.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units