View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:10 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Star Wars Custom Card template...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Incredibly awesome! Once you finish the other factions, I'll just need you do a whole series of those cool hit zone images for all 17 million characters Or at least show us how you did it.
+rep
Yep once I have settled completely I will post the separate factions & then hopefully some instructions for achieving the hit zone look. I might have to call upon my friend Whitestuff to turn my photoshop instructions in to GIMP instructions to make it more available for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaRaptor View Post
This is some awesome work. I agree that Star Wars deserves their own custom card template. For your questions i suggest you try putting the faction in both spots and see what looks better. I would prefer the faction there somewhere. The stat box lettering should be white, so it's easier to read quickly. And you should keep the blood, it's been a constant so far. Love the card. Can't wait to see more.
I am kind of leaning towards leaving the blood to be consistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Great work buddy, I'm almost embarrassed to suggest any changes. As I said in my thread, I like the projection, like the different colored stat box (although I haven't checked how it looks when printed) and I'm fine with the blood stain.
If anybody feels like printing it out let me know what you think. I kind of like the coloured stats & they look fine to me printed, but that may be because I am too close to the work & see what I want to see. Either way if I decide to go coloured text I won't have the stat text there at all that way people can use white if they choose.
Quote:
But, if the blood stain turns out to be not so popular, it's probably because there isn't much blood in the Star Wars movies. How would it look as a burn mark? Maybe a dark red tinted version of a burn pattern on a Storm Troopers armor after he catches a "hello" from a blaster. Maybe that's crazy. What about a reddish explosion? Or a Red Giant star? Any way you go, I'll be good with it.
I like the burn mark idea if more people believe the blood is too much out of the SW theme.
Quote:
One bizarre thing I would consider is the watermark. Instead of a perfectly symetrical watermark in the center of the text, what if we tried a zoomed in version that only fits the upper right quadrant of the symbol? In other words, like a rainbow shape the watermark would reach from the left side wall to the bottom. In that way, it would kind of fill the same surface area that the hexes do on the Marvel cards.
I love that idea, but not knowing all the factions yet have a little concern that the other factions won't look quite right if there was only part of the logo showing.
Quote:
As for the faction name, I'd probably like to see it on there under the character's name in smaller font.

Keep up the "genius" my man.
Will try that shortly, do you have a photo of the mini yet or a link to the correct one?

Cheers