View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2019, 09:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Vehicle Rules - VOTE for On Deck

DRAFTING DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS
{missing "in"}
A DO included in a player's army is considered like any other figure in that player's army, with a few key exceptions:

{This confuses me...}
• A DO is not considered under a player's control, unless it is a VDO occupied by a figure in your army.
{I thought that was the idea of draftable DOs. You having control of them? Why else are we making them draftable?}

EXAMPLE 1: Vehicle Card
{missing fullstop}
Like the Official Destructible Object cards, Vehicle Destructible Object (VDO) cards have a similar appearance but with a few additions.

{I don't think this is succinct enough}
Driver Space: The circle space is where the figure is placed and designates who the driver of the vehicle is.
{Maybe something like...?}
Quote:
Driver Space: This circle space is where the figure designated as the driver of the vehicle is placed. All other figures in the vehicle can be placed elsewhere on the card. If a vehicle is controlled (driveable), a figure must occupy this space.

OCCUPYING VEHICLES
{I think this needs an addition to say they have to move the figure to driver space}
If a figure you control is the only figure occupying a VDO or if a figure you control is occupying the designated Driver space in a VDO, you now control that VDO. If your figure is the only figure occupying the VDO, that figure must be placed on the Driver Space of the card.

{Not sure of the intent here so I think it needs a little more clarity of who can be targeted.}
Unless a special power indicates otherwise, a figure can only target one figure occupying a VDO at a time.
{If there are multiple figures occupying the vehicle how &/or who chooses which is being targeted? Is it always the driver first? Or driver last?}

MOVING VEHICLES
{You don't move Army Cards}
Instead of moving normally with an Army Card you control, if one of the figures from that card occupies the Driver space for a VDO, you may move that VDO any number of spaces up to its Move number. You may only move each VDO this way once during each player turn.
{What about...?}
Quote:
If the figure that occupies the Driver space for a VDO takes a turn, instead of moving normally you may move that VDO any number of spaces up to its Move number. You may only move each VDO this way once during each player turn.
{Do we need to mention if VDOs are subject to all terrain rules? Like water, snow, heavy snow or road? But especially water?}
When moving the VDO, follow standard movement rules. VDOs are never considered engaged and never make or receive leaving engagement attacks.

EXITING VEHICLES
{I feel like this is an important paragraph & should be highlighted by either being in a coloured box or at the least all bold.}
If your figure exits a VDO that you do not control and your figure does not have the Super Strength special power, before placing your figure, roll one unblockable attack die against it.

DESTROYING VEHICLES
After removing the destroyed VDO from the battlefield, players may, in initiative order, place all of their figures that remain on top of the VDO's sculpt on spaces previously occupied by the destroyed VDO.
{Duplicated sentence.}
Then players may, in initiative order, place each remaining figure they control that was occupying the VDO's Army Card on a space or spaces previously occupied by the destroyed VDO. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed VDO cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is immediately destroyed.

{I think we need an example of how this all works included in the book.}