View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@Sir Heroscape and @BiggaBullfrog :

I've been tinkering with some changes to Ruins of Rennoc that I wanted to run past you.
(again - thanks for taking the time to repond to these requests for feedback)
Spoiler Alert!
Would you mind pointing out the changes? I’m not sure I can see a difference...all I know is I liked your original a lot. Also include why you made the changes were made (cause I’d like to know if they were completely necessary.)
The changes were at the bottom of the spoiler. Unless you wanted a little more detail on why I made them. A couple were definitely aesthetic - I just thought they looked better. But the two most important ones had to do with providing a little more cover in the middle of the map (which you had hinted might be a slight concern, and I agreed after physically building the map) and improving the flow of the right side out of the start zone by getting rid of that kind of awkward single hex that seemed to hinder movement, and lifting part of the road up a level to help it be a little more useful with getting to higher ground.
Wow haha...not sure how I missed your points at the bottom of the spoiler lol oops. That's perfect. Thanks for pointing those out.

EDIT: I like the changes. Agreed that single-hex choke point is prime real estate for camping a rat or two while shooting over the top (or another other screen/range army)...but you might be right about it not being too concerning. You might run a game or two on it as is, specifically trying to utilize that choke point in a range vs melee battle and see if it seems too advantageous for range campers. You'll be able to tell pretty quick if melee struggles to route the opponent and contest the position.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22