View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2015, 09:08 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I was out of town in my state's capital when plum luck, Facebook showed me an add for a gaming night happening while I was there. The designer (Jason Kotzur-Yang) of
was demoing the game. A current Australian Kickstarter with friendly worldwide shipping. Sadly I didn't get to have a try of the game but there was a lot of merriment coming from those that were.

I got to play 2 games I hadn't played before & enjoyed both & had a great night for being out of my own town & alone. First I played Elysium. Similar to 7 Wonders but I found it easier to follow what everybody was doing than I do in 7 Wonders. Which is to say that I didn't totally suck at it like I do at 7 Wonders. I actually came 2nd. Could've been first if I didn't decide to wait a round to get my 4th card of the 2nd level set & have my victory points stolen from me .

Next we played Colt Express. This was a fun game & the gameplay offers some amazing opportunities for surprising twists. In the 2nd last round I managed to secure the briefcase but then remembering the order & cards saw that I was destined to loose it. However the person that could've moved the Marshall to my carriage moved it the opposite direction to go after the person coming 2nd at that time (I was first). In a strange turn of events in the next round the person in last place punched me & knocked the briefcase out of my hands the one that decided not to move the Marshall after me ended up with being punched that put her on the top level one carriage away from the briefcase when she next had a double turn that she had programmed a move & a steal to allow her to pick up the briefcase. Sadly it wasn't enough to put her in 1st place but it was enough to pip me out of 2nd. Really enjoyed this game.