View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: HS2010's Map Thread - Omnicron Playground - 6/5/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
There's definitely potential and I'm set on making a competitive castle map.
I don't like sounding so cold-hearted, or blunt it's just that there really is NO potential here. The map design is really a fun idea, but the very same design makes it broken for tournament play. You cannot play a competitively balanced game on this map. It's as if you're trying to push up against the Empire State Building and saying that with enough pushing you can tip it over eventually. Just not possible. The core design or your map is a tiered castle...but even if it was only 1 level of castle it would still be broken. Fliers have too much of an advantage with this extreme height on these maps and there are innumerable competitive builds you could make with Competitve figures that have the flying ability that would dominate any other build that did not have a way to counter that. Simply put, competitively balanced maps should not heavily favor any one special ability to the point that it makes the map non-competitive if an army does not contain that ability (i.e. range, flying, etc.). Also, double spaced figures can't access ladders and therefore would be neutered almost completely. JUST these two aspects of this map make it broken...and adding 10 Zawits does not resolve that issue either. Again, this map is cool, it's fun and intuitive...and I think there could and would be a lot of fun games to be played on this map with all kinds of different figures...BUT maps with designs like this are inherently broken for tournament play. Just trust me on this one.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22