View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2021, 01:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket One ScapeCon Map Contest VOTE

superfrog’s unqualified map thoughts:

Mine’s Rift:
Just struck me as a little boring as the map is pretty much a level 2 slab on a level 1 slab with two level 3 pods in the middle.

Mausoleum Ruin:
Not sure how useful the swamp height side will be in practice. Very flat leading up to that level 3 7-hex, I wish there was some level 2 in there somewhere. Almost got my vote though.

Gambit:
Really like the start zones and how they’re split. Also like how the sides are more approachable than Fulcrum’s. Got my vote.

Sauna:
Just feels small and tight. Obviously not a lot of terrain to work with so that’s natural. A squad of rats could just clog this up too easily imo.

Honor:
Also love the SZs except that they’re not all sand, but they do feel like very distinct choices. The road shape is very nice as well. Got my vote.

Steer Into the Skid:
Tough aesthetics with this terrain combo, and I wish the height was closer to the center in general. I do think this map is a bit overlooked in this bracket, though.

Foothold:
Very pretty map and has a lot of things going for it. I just find maps with a horizontal road piece across the center to be difficult since it can turn into two hills without much of a way to press forward towards the middle of your opponent’s setup.