View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2022, 01:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Venom by Flash_19

Venom is one of my absolute favorite maps. Recently I've been looking at perches/relative height and how it's distributed on maps. Venom has quite a lot of it, with 4 3-hex perches, a 2-hex perch, and 2 single-hex perches. Of special interest to me are the 3-hex triangles right outside the SZ and the 2 single-hex perches just past those.

The 3-hexes are somewhat reminiscent of Fulcrum, which is somewhat concerning because that's the worst part of Fulcrum. But Venom's perch is less problematic for three reasons: it's a space farther from the SZ, it doesn't have jungle protection, and it's more in the action, with road running up to all sides of it. Like Fulcrum's perch, it does give up height to a stronger central spot.

The single-hexes are also not that great as Raelin spots despite being a little more yours/mine than some other maps' single-hex perches. Again, this is due to the somewhat forward placement of these perches and their easy access from road.

The worst things I can say about this map is that the sand half of the map doesn't always see as much play and that the rock half can get a little tight. Fortunately, those kinda cancel each other out as you can utilize the non-road paths on the sand side if the road is clogged up.

Also bonus points for a nice treasure glyph spot: near the action, just off the beaten path, gives up height, but always close enough to be tempting.

Overall, Venom is a winner. Definitely one of my favorite mirror symmetry builds, and a very helpful entry into a TD's arsenal with RotV/RttFF/TJ. easy to induct.

Last edited by superfrog; July 8th, 2022 at 12:08 AM.