View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:06 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEQ View Post
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it's hard to search the forums with something as generic as "printing" .

I was trying to print out some of the C3G cards, but I noticed that the proportions seem off when compared to the official cards (both when printing from the PDF and the JPG). When I print the PDF using "actual size", the width is 12.5 and the height is 12.1. I could of course print at a slightly reduced percentage like 0.992 which should come out at a width of 12.4, however the height would then still be 12, even though the official cards are 11.6.

Is this by design? Or should I change some printer settings? I'm in Europe, so my printer's paper size is A4, and all measurements above are in centimeters . I did try various settings of course, like keep the paper size setting in Adobe Acrobat on Legal and trying to set it to A4.

BTW I create my own cards using a template Photoshop document I got from Heroscapers somewhere, and when printing from that one, the size is spot on.

Thanks, Zeus
The issue you are having is that the PDFs are generated so actual page size is 8.5 x 11 inches and you are printing to A4 paper. I remember reading somewhere what method other Europeans were using. I'll try to find it and drop you the link unless someone else posts a response for you here.
Nope that's not it. It's just a simple case of us including a bleed area. Each card has a trim line that you cut to.