View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
It seemed clear as soon as SirH's R1 OM placement was shown that he had no intention of moving out of his startzone. This is certainly a defensible strategy. That said, I would have put Ana/Rae at the front of the startzone and put OM1 on rats to establish a shell 2 spaces farther forward. This would have allowed for pinging the advancing macdirks from a position of relative safety much more easily, possibly leading to stringing them out if Laglor can get hot with autoload. As it was, it was just too easy for Boromir to mass forward while forcing SirH to choose between attacking or keeping the heroes safe.
Yeah. Honestly, going into this matchup I really felt like I had no conceivable way of winning unless I could get Boromir to overextend Alastair and get a little impatient with my defensive (come to me) position. I placed with that exact intention because I also felt like with 5 different cards there was not enough time to pod up anywhere in the map with only 3 OM's per turn. It would take at least 2 OM's on rats and one on each of the rest to get to a pod spot near kelda and so I opted to go to the right where he could get only 2 same level attacks AND with no jungle or shadow cover. That was also part of the reason I decided to wait for him to come, podding in the map somewhere guarentees he gets jungle and shadow when I attack him, while in my SZ he's forced out of the extra safety. I stand by my decision to play the way I did, BUT with that said I do agree with 2 points made during the cast and by dok just now:

1. moving the rats up for 1 OM to extend the line would have been advantageous for just how far I could shoot into the map and still retreat, OR stay in my same spot but move that 1 rat Dysole mentioned that was on the bottom of my SZ and not doing anything. That would have allowed Laglor to shoot 1 hex farther and really forced Boromir into an uncomforatble position even more so.

2. I played really "safe", but for those who know me, I take the big plays. I decided to go against my nature and retreat Laglor when I started threatening alastair from the center when I moved up to the top...but I think I needed to realize that I needed the snipe and the pressure on Alastair to win this one. I had the pressure, and by retreating I basically allowed Boromir to continue doing his thing. moving up and killing those 2 Dirks on the high platform would have been the right call I think at that stage of the game because he wouldn't have had any answer for me and LAglor coulda gone to town from that position.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22