View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket 3 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Again, some thoughts on a few of these maps, focusing on ones that advanced and ones that (imo) deserved better. Bracket 3 is the only bracket without one of my maps in it so hopefully I'm less biased here

Odin Wept

How do you make a Norse God cry? Burn his tundra.

Classic Typhon terrain-stretching build. I like the placement of everything except the low-ground glyph lava field. Got my vote anyway.

Nomanisan

My only complaints on this map are the molten lava, which could/should be water, and the virtual level 3 jungle-backed spaces adjacent to the central lava field. Overall a really nice map, got my vote.

The Way is Wrong

Seems really basic. Not necessarily in a bad way, I think it would deliver some fine gameplay, but doesn't jump out to me in a contest setting. It also takes me a while to wrap my mind around the SZs for some reason (back 3, but only the grass).

Mesa

Justice for Mesa! I voted for 8 maps overall in the first round of this contest and this was the only one of those 8 not to advance . Really the only thing I don't like here is the random grass height off to the right. It might also be slightly too big, but I love this as a 1 RotV submission.