View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2020, 08:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Played this format with 3 other friends last night and we had a blast with it. I made up 16 different teams, we each drew 4 randomly and played 3 of them. We got 3 rounds in. Our group mostly plays 2 v 2, what we really liked was the fast and furious action right from the start and the small map size. Used both of the maps listed above, we did modify Jungley some because of lack of jungle terrain though. The format makes for some interesting end game choices. For example, being down to your last figure and knowing you are going to lose and get a new army, it sometimes makes sense to recklessly attack an opponents key figure, not because you are trying to win but to help you in the next round of the game.

The 10 figure limit makes team construction challenging but fun. The teams we used were mostly b-level teams, trying to get figures that don't hit the board that often in play.

For example my teams were(I finished 2-1, lost in the finals):

Cather Spearmen x2
Count Raymond
Deadeye Dan

Omnicron Snipers x2
Omnicron Replusors
Zetacron

Black Wyrmling x3
Red Wyrmling x3
White Wyrmling x3
Guilty McCreech

Dreadgul Raiders x2
Pel
Kha

We had some crazy match ups and outcomes. Like how is it possible for 2 Nagrubs to refuse to die and kill 5 Snipers and 2 Replusors. How can Deathwalker 8000 whiff with 9 dice to a Red Wyrmling. How can 2 Ninjas of the Northern Wind kill 4 Spearmen and Deadeye Dan.

Super fun format. Totally worth trying out. Our group will definitely play it again.
Wow that sounds awesome! I’m glad to hear you all had such a good time. It really is a fun format and I’m glad it translated well to your gaming group!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22