View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2018, 02:41 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Looking for some help. I'm not convinced that the Shadow faction is there yet now that I've gotten some feedback after submitting them. Seems like people wanna keep nerfing their abilities but they continue to lose just about every playtest even as-is, and while I love the design and minis...I can't bring myself to submit something that just can't win games. I'm not sure what I'm missing...but here are a couple thoughts. (for reference the current versions are in the OP)

1) They're missing range. Xundar's special isn't enough to be a range threat. Their designed to work together to bring people down, but unfortunately that means they're extremely depending on podding while Raelin covers their back.

2) Price point. The minis' size and ominous-ness suggest a little higher priced, stronger common hero but that means less of them, which with their design means losing a few of them in a battle can really ruin the momentum quick. I wanna drop the price point, but then their stats wouldn't be in line with the size and power of the minis.

3) Attacks. Because they depend a lot on each other, a lot of their attacks are focused on 1 or 2 figures rather than maximizing on 3. This hurts them when they're not able to punch back.

SO....that's my assessment. Now for some ideas...

I think the key is the Shadow Fiend. I think he needs a little work...either a Multi-attack or a range attack...or a mix of the two. The Hound I feel is spot on and thematic and the Binder as well, but I feel like I could use the Fiend to be a little bit more of a mid-game shark unit that comes it as a shock unit.

Quote:
Shadow Bend Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 3.
When attacking with a Shadow Fiend using Shadow Bend Special Attack, add 1 to its range for every other friendly Shadow figure adjacent to the defending figure.
Quote:
Dissipate
After attacking with a Shadow Fiend you control, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-8 you may attack 1 additional time and then immediately destroy that Shadow Fiend. If you roll a 9 or higher you may attack 1 additional time.
Quote:
Shadow Bolt Special Attack
Range 3 + Special. Attack 3.
The first target of Shadow Bolt Special Attack must be within a Range of 3. Subtract 1 from the defending figures defense for every other Shadow figure it is engaged with that you control, up to minus 2 defense. After attacking with Shadow Bolt Special Attack, if the defending figure receives at least 1 wound, you may choose 1 additional figure to target that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure with Shadow Bolt Special Attack.
These are just some initial ideas/thoughts...would love for any other input?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22