View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Moving your own units around with Binders is cool, but is that really what you want the faction to be? It sounds like it's a neat side-effect of the design, not your intended direction. While those can be good sometimes, your shadow faction has lots of uniqueness already. This self-moving part seems more of a distraction from the true focus and should serve as the core of faction, not another factor.

So I recommend limiting it to enemy units only.
I appreciate the insight. Initially I had it just be opponents figures until I discovered some really cool options with grabbing your own figures. Leaving it at just opponents would definitely simplify the design and eliminate the issues I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I haven't followed this faction or this unit in particular as closely as Scy has, but in general I think this is a good piece of advice. Deliver the theme, without ornamentation.
Yeah, I'm glad I asked...I just wanted to see a couple more viewpoints on it. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
With their recommendations in mind, I say up Xundar's move to 6, so that when you do move him, you can make it count, and then limit the grab to enemy units.
I think I agree with you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I was thinking the same as those guys limiting the movement with the binders to enemy units only. That is a simple approach that doesnt hurt your theme either. The binders seem like a unit that comes out of the shadows to grab its enemies. I feel it loses a little flavor when the tentacles lovingly lift its allies to different spaces. I like the idea of being able to move ally figures but it doesnt fit as much here. It could, but you already have enough going on with them to make them awesome.
Well said, I think that image you painted makes the most sense so far. haha, "lovingly lift"... that made me realize that yeah this might not be the vision I'm looking for for these Binders.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22